Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MEL to ROR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat / OWE (Lifetime Gold), Aeroplan SE, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Avis Pres't Circle
MEL to ROR

I am thinking about a dive trip to Palau (possibly as soon as January). A search has not yielded much useful information on itineraries for MEL to ROR.

It looks to me as though there are two (realistically) possible ways from Australia: via TPE or via GUM. Going via CNS on CO903 or via MNL (with QF to MNL) seems unwieldly because of the limited timetable for that flight, but I would be happy to be talked out of that view. As I am looking at a liveaboard dive trip, I will need to reach ROR by a Sunday and then depart again the following Sunday.

Does anyone have any itinerary suggestions? It also strikes me that it will be an expensive exercise, even in Y (not enough points at the moment to get to TPE on a oneworld carrier). Is this a fair view?

Many thanks for the assistance.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 8:00 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
No suggestions on routing (except use Air NZ if you can), as for fare this is the type of route where it is invariably very expensive (thus a great use of FF miles). TPE is a good airport to connect through, fwiw (and has an excellent CX lounge that you can use).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.