Elite Extra Perks is down

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2009, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM, AA ExPlat, UA S, HH S, MR LT Titanium, National Exec
Elite Extra Perks is down

Crap, I was too late to get this in before the Oct merger:

Elite Extra Perks 2009
The Elite Extra Perks site is currently down while we integrate the Northwest WorldPerks® and Delta SkyMiles® programs. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In October, the Elite Extra Perks program will transition to the Medallion® Threshold program. At that time, this page, and the link you received in your e-mail, will take you directly to the Medallion Threshold site.

The Elite Qualifying Mile thresholds and reward options are identical between the Elite Extra Perks and Medallion Threshold programs.

Thank you for your patience while we transition to the Delta SkyMiles program.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 10:51 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I picked my 100K award last week. Glad I didn't wait!
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:55 am

Programs: DL PM; AA EXP
I picked the 125K reward before it shut down, but haven't selected the 100K or 150K yet because I couldn't decide between miles or gifting Silver or Gold status to someone. I'm not interested in the hotel cards or SkyClub passes, and 15,000 RDM isn't that much, so decided to wait to see if there's a client or friend in the next few months who would appreciate silver status (not that useful for upgrades, but would get them free checked bags at least).
I was a little worried about the Elite Extra Perks site going down, but Delta has treated us fairly (in my opinion) in the past (e.g., when the carryover EQM option went away, it turned out the reason was we were going to get that benefit anyway in 2010 with all miles carrying over). If I decide to gift status to someone, it'll probably be easier to do it through SkyMiles directly rather than gifting WP status and having it convert over to SM.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:13 pm

Used it last Friday.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Well - here's hoping things work. I had to hold off on redeeming my threshold reward as I wanted the SC passes. If you redeem before Oct they expire in 3/10 vs. 3/11 if you redeem after Oct so no choice.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by bmh3s
I was a little worried about the Elite Extra Perks site going down, but Delta has treated us fairly (in my opinion) in the past (e.g., when the carryover EQM option went away, it turned out the reason was we were going to get that benefit anyway in 2010 with all miles carrying over).
That wasn't fair. It was theft. The two benefits (EEP and rollover) were not equivalent. When I crossed 100K EQMs on April 23 they told me I had earned 7,500 extra EQMs that I could credit in either 2009 or 2010. All I had to do was click a link anytime between then and April 30, 2010 to claim them. Then when I tried to claim them I found the option had been taken away. Rollover or no rollover, my account is 7,500 EQMs lighter than it would have been had DL not decided to cheat its best customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.