FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Plat, 4segs in next 2d, no upgrade yet on DL, that would not have happened on NW (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/997469-plat-4segs-next-2d-no-upgrade-yet-dl-would-not-have-happened-nw.html)

NW.BTR.Than.The.Rest Sep 22, 2009 12:02 am

Plat, 4segs in next 2d, no upgrade yet on DL, that would not have happened on NW

Title says it all. I have NEVER as a plat not had an upgrade by 1 day in advance on at least one of 4 segs on a RT and probably would have had all upgraded. If this is the future, it is not the one I shall choose.

RobOnLI Sep 22, 2009 12:33 am

Not a very useful post unless you give us some info like dates/flights so we can help you out.

And did you book these as codeshares? If they are listed in your DL reservation under NW flights number you will not receive upgrades, period. DL doesn't upgrade NW codeshare flights. Also, you won't appear on the gate upgrade list as well.

Hopefully they aren't NW codeshares and that FC is just pretty full on your flights but if you give us dates, flights and fare class you paid we can at least offer some helpful replies other than saying you shouldn't book codeshares.

PS - I have had 7 DL segments in Sept and all upgraded at the 5 day mark. 5 of them were this past Friday & Saturday with no upgrade problems at all.

-RM

sntrao Sep 22, 2009 1:07 am

my recent experience with DL BF upgrades

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12411842-post23.html

raehl311 Sep 22, 2009 3:43 am

I made the upgrade as, I think, a gold elite this past week, ATL-MSP on a Friday afternoon, Worldperks number on 012 stock but with a DL flight number on DL metal. Actually called me up from 26F to 1D after boarding, which also surprised me.

socrates Sep 22, 2009 3:44 am

Originally Posted by NW.BTR.Than.The.Rest (Post 12417220)
Title says it all. I have NEVER as a plat not had an upgrade by 1 day in advance on at least one of 4 segs on a RT and probably would have had all upgraded. If this is the future, it is not the one I shall choose.

Unfortunately DL's system is processing EUA on ALL DL elites and then NW elites..."best of both" ugh...as a gold I'm in F less than 10% on DL metal these days...on NWA I sat in Y 1 each year

bkmn Sep 22, 2009 5:37 am

For tomorrow NW 5655 shows 3 avail in F, no upgrade one day out- NW/compass operated.

Friday NW 5705 shows 7 in F, 3 days out not upgraded yet. Guess it will be OLCI and hope for the battlefield UG for tomorrows flight.

Could this be the beginning of the plat hurt that was promised? Thx DL!

humanoid94 Sep 22, 2009 6:33 am

I have had a rough go as well. 2/7 in the last month as a Gold (1/2 DL 1/5 NW), plus 6 more NW segments that used to be mainline and are now jungle jets. I hit Platinum on Monday so hopefully things will improve.

hobo13 Sep 22, 2009 6:46 am

I'm 10/10 for upgrades on DL metal in the past month. All booked on NWA.com as DL flights.

All but one of them cleared pretty much at the beginning of the window. The other cleared at the gate.

NW.BTR.Than.The.Rest Sep 22, 2009 7:22 am

Added more info to my original post

Originally Posted by NW.BTR.Than.The.Rest (Post 12417220)

The flights were booked by our travel agent. They show up in my NWA.COM account all as DL numbered and DL operated flights on 006 ticket stock. At least 2/4 segments are showing F9 even today and I am not upgraded. As you know, you can view the itins with a link to DL and it shows me as PM and shows that UPGRADE STATUS=REQUESTED. Needless to say, flights are through ATL, but I hesitate to post too much info as I think DL is vindictive.

RobOnLI Sep 22, 2009 10:01 am

I still don't see any info about your flights in your OP or the post you just made so I'm not sure how you expect us to offer you good advice other than to tell you how we're individually doing with DL upgrades :)

But you may have just mentioned the problem you have. With the huge issues in ATL right now DL may have significiantly cut back on the number of upgrades to/from ATL to accommodate stranged and misconnecting passengers. Just a thought...

-RM

bmh3s Sep 22, 2009 12:01 pm

I'm at 100% for DL this year and around 98% for NW. Only EUAs I've missed this year have been two legs on NW on a Thursday evening (lots of consultant types returning home) when traveling on a bottom K fare for a personal trip. Most of my flights are for work on refundable (M or higher) fares. I think even Plats on NW have not had 100% sucess with EUA, especially on low fare buckets.

kcnwgold Sep 22, 2009 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by NW.BTR.Than.The.Rest (Post 12418144)
The flights were booked by our travel agent. They show up in my NWA.COM account all as DL numbered and DL operated flights on 006 ticket stock. At least 2/4 segments are showing F9 even today and I am not upgraded. As you know, you can view the itins with a link to DL and it shows me as PM and shows that UPGRADE STATUS=REQUESTED. Needless to say, flights are through ATL, but I hesitate to post too much info as I think DL is vindictive.

You are not alone. This has been my experience as well.

NW.BTR.Than.The.Rest Sep 22, 2009 6:02 pm

More info from the OP

I wanted to update everyone with three tidbits of info I learned today.

1. A co-worker on the same itinerary, booked by the same agent, purchasing same fare class who is a GOLD elite, was upgraded yesterday on 2 of the 4 segments.

2. While talking with a NW agent, they said the travel agency had both my CO GE number as well as my NW PE number in the record; HOWEVER, NW PE was showing in NWA.COM from the time of purchase and soon after PM status was showing over on the DL site. This makes me think this is not really the source of the problem.

3. NW PE line was kind enough to transfer me over to DL where the agent said he had never seen this happen before. The DL agent was much more impressive than any other DL agent I had dealt with in the past and much more congenial. He looked at both records and said he had no idea why I had not been upgraded prior to my co-worker. Luckily, I like this co-worker.