NW miles on KL flights operatedby VG

Old Sep 21, 09, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
NW miles on KL flights operatedby VG

Does one get miles on KLM flights operated by VLM (VG)?

KLM City Hopper has given up a lot of their flights to VG operating out of LCY. I flew on a ticket in N class and was told by NW that the flight does not qualify for miles.

I've checked NW's T&C but it doesn't mention VG, although I think this is slowly coming under KLM's ownership?
Old Sep 21, 09, 7:46 am

Programs: DL Diam 2MM, HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Maybe 6 years ago I was booked for a flight to IST flying NW connecting to KLM. A few weeks before the flight I got a message from KLM indicating that the AMS-IST flight would be operated by a KLM subsidiary, Transavia (KLM was having equipment problems) but flown by KLM employees. The miles didn't post originally -- I wrote to TTU and did get the miles.
tom

Last edited by mot29; Sep 21, 09 at 7:50 am Reason: found the name of the airline on wikipedia
Old Sep 21, 09, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Not according to WP CS...

Same scenario a few months back, just after the VG takeover. Paid itin, ex-LCY, no miles posted. When I wrote them, here's what they said...

---------------------------
Dear RTS, Thank you for your recent e-mail.

VLM Air is not a WorldPerks partner, therefore, the code N and zero
miles seen on your summary is correct.

For partner airline information on our website, please visit:
http://www.nwa.com/freqfly /earn/airfl.shtml

If you have any additional questions, concerns, or need further
assistance, please let us know.

The real irony was that before my departure, the VG ARJ went tech, they were subbed by CitiJet, operated by... AF themselves! Still, no credit.
Old Sep 22, 09, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Originally Posted by redtailshark View Post
Same scenario a few months back, just after the VG takeover. Paid itin, ex-LCY, no miles posted.

The real irony was that before my departure, the VG ARJ went tech, they were subbed by CitiJet, operated by... AF themselves! Still, no credit.
Yep. Flight was KLM flight number, said to be operated by VG, but aircraft is actually Citijet which is operated by AF, but altogether under VG/KL umbrella.

Oh well, it was only 500 miles. But still... its very confusing...

Search this Thread