Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Decreasing food standard MSP-AMS NW42

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond

Did NW42 MSP-AMS for the third time this year and the standard of meals in coach has deteriorated substantially.

While the dinner was hot, choices were chicken or veg curry and by the looks of my meal, the whole plane shared one chicken. No dessert. Gone are the wine bottels as well. While I used to snub the el-cheapo whites from Chile, I still prefer them over what we were given yesterday. It is now boxed wine (looks like waxed carton) called "Bandit". And of this you get poured half a plastic glass - once. No second rounds. No after dinner liquers anymore. But you can purchase your whiskey etc. if you want. It used to be free.

Breakfast was the same little bun with the small omelette and cheese filling. But no fruit bowl this time.

BTW, DL has gone with Diet Coke as opposed to NW who had Diet Pepsi.

Very dissappointed at the deterioration in lounge and meal standards of the new owners of NW.

Is it really worth your while Delta, to save a few bucks on a liquer and less food, but loose my family and I as customers who have been FF's on NWA for more than a decade?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 7:21 am

Programs: NW GE
Beer and wine are free now, you just have to ask for a refill. DL had 1 free beer/wine, while NW had complimentary free drinks. This is the combination of the two, better for DL customers, worse for NW customers. I believe it has to do with the AF/KL joint venture, IE they have to have similar standards on TATL flights.

I don't think you can claim that Coke vs Pepsi is "deteriorating" -- everyone has their own preference.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:08 am

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
TATL food is getting worse for sure. I took a photo of my 'chicken wrap' while flying AMS-DTW in August and sent it in to NWA. They apologized and offered miles, but what I was really trying to get them to realize is the quality of the food really has hit rock bottom. My wrap, which I had again a couple weeks back, was void of chicken both times.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Yup, I made a small post about this in the MSP-HNL food downgraded thread. Looks like food overall is going by the wayside with DL, another best in class enhancement.

I pretty much had the same meals. Miss the better dinners, mini-wine bottles (beer/wine was always free - nothing new), decent breakfasts, and dessert. Now, only drink service during meals. Last time I recall there was a mid-flight drink service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.