757 NRT-SGN-NRT Row 39?

Old Sep 19, 09, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - 1K,AA - Plat,Hilton - Diamond,Hyatt - Platinum,National - Exec Elite
757 NRT-SGN-NRT Row 39?

Greetings! I've searched the forums and called NW Reservations to no avail (sort of an unusual call - I think I woke the agent up?). I'm trying to determine the seat configuration for this NW flight on 26/Nov and 5/Dec to determine if the 39 D,E,F seats are, in fact, crew rest seats . If not, I just booked us in the worst seats on the airplane!

Any input would be appreciated!

Also, any must-see/do Vietnam recommendations are welcomed via PM!

Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 09, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
When you compare the seat maps on NWA.com with the seat maps on SeatGuru, it clearly has to be this one:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Nor..._757-200_D.php

With the crew rest seats that you ask about. The other 3 757 versions are definitely different - in particular, comparing the FC/BE cabin configurations. I'm in the same boat as I'm on the same type 757 soon from NRT/BKK/NRT but I never saw the crew rest seats in the back. I snagged exit row 22 hoping that those seats are at least a little better than normal. Right now my flight is oversold in coach with 4 seats open up front - - crossing my fingers!! SeatGuru says that those are for crew rest on flights over 7 hours and NRT/BKK is 7hr 5min, so maybe they're actually for crew rest!
Old Sep 20, 09, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - 1K,AA - Plat,Hilton - Diamond,Hyatt - Platinum,National - Exec Elite
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
When you compare the seat maps on NWA.com with the seat maps on SeatGuru, it clearly has to be this one:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Nor..._757-200_D.php
I'm with you on that. That's the deduction I drew as well... Thing is, it's a 7 hour and 20 minute from NRT-SGN, so I'm wondering if they'll boot me from the seat... It was available though, and I've got it. This will be an interesting learning experience. Let me know how it goes on your flight!
Old Nov 21, 09, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Very interesting! After receiving a PM from another flyertalker who had flown in a like-configured aircraft and felt row 39 was exactly the same as any standard Y seat, I double checked the seating chart on NWA.com -- as it turns out, it looks like they blocked out row 39 and moved us to row 37 (yuck!) -- I took davetravels advice and rearranged the seating to be 22D and 22F (exits)...
Old Nov 22, 09, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Good luck, Brian! I think you'll find the exit row your is best bet, but keep your eyes peeled to make sure they don't swap 757 types mid travel like they did to me! I booked another trip back to BKK - leaving Dec 1/2/3 and I'm lucky that they switched back to an A332, but I booked it late and there aren't any "good" seats left! I'll hafto hope something opens up at checkin.

Search this Thread