Got charged $20 ticketing fee twice as GE

Old Sep 18, 09, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AMEX Plat, IHG Amb
Angry Got charged $20 ticketing fee twice as GE

Booked two tickets (multi city for myself, one way for dad) via the elite line around midnight few days ago (hitting plat in 3 days). I have always booked on NWA.com but this time I decided to call because didnt want to mess with the multi-city bookings. And ofcourse, when I was booking the tickets, I was sure that I would not be charged a ticketing fee nor did the agent bring this issue up.
When I checked my CC statement today, I was shocked that NW charged me two $20 direct ticketing fees.
Here are what the Itin looks like:

OAK-SLC-ORD outbound for both of us
MDW-DTW-YYZ for myself
YYZ-MSP-SFO for myself.

I am a NW GE (would be plat after the OAK-SLC outbound) and my dad is a CZ silver which means no status with NW/DL.
Just called elite line again, and their logic is that in order to avoid the $20 fee we would have to be on the same PNR, they agreed to refund me the $20 they charged for my ticket, but said nothing could be done to the $20 they charged on my dad's.
$20 is not a big deal to us but I really believe that something is wrong with this company. Did they expect me to call them and book one ticket for myself, hang up, go to nwa.com and then book another one for my father? It wasnt my fault that they could not put both of us on the same PNR, and the fact is that he IS my travel companion on the outbound flight...
Have any of you had similar experience over the past? Do you think I should do a TTU?

Search this Thread