When exactly will WP accounts disappear?

Old Sep 16, 09, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
When exactly will WP accounts disappear?

I'm booking some award travel in the first two weeks of Oct. Normally I would book coach and assume I'd get the upgrade. But award upgrades will be suspended when the WP accounts disappear. If I knew for sure the upgrades were going to be gone I might book perksaver F awards. But I'd hate to waste the extra 20K miles if the accounts aren't switched until later in the month and I would have gotten the upgrade free.

Please don't waste your fingers commenting on whether it's worthwhile to be buying domestic F awards. I have a boatload of miles and won't miss them. I'm mainly interested in knowledgeable speculation as to when in October the accounts will actually get switched.

Perhaps no status accounts first, then silver, then gold, then plat? Leave your best customers until last to be sure the kinks have been worked out? That would make some sense. (Which means DL will do the opposite, of course.)
Old Sep 16, 09, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
And as a follow up question I will ask,

when is the expected last day to book awards on nwa.com?
Old Sep 16, 09, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Plat, DL Plat somehow, Marriott Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I haven't seen a specific date.

I hope when they do select an exact date they'll give us at least 2 weeks notice.

I fear online chaos for a period of time and the end of a transparent and user friendly award for a much longer period of time. I'm not looking forward to the finishing off of this merger.

It's not at all uncommon nowadays to see award mileage requirements at 2 to 3x those of AA and UA. If you can find a saver/standard award especially in business class, grab it.

Last edited by GrizShel; Sep 16, 09 at 8:09 pm
Old Sep 17, 09, 9:42 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
It is listed in this link, but the link also raises more questions. delta.com/what2expect.

Key Points for WorldPerks Members
* WorldPerks members will be assigned a new 10-digit SkyMiles account number (which we’ll send you in early October).
* Your existing WorldPerks account information, including all balances, will be transferred into your SkyMiles account.
* You will receive an email from us as soon as your WorldPerks account information is merged into your SkyMiles account.
* After the programs merge, WorldPerks members should use their SkyMiles number for all Delta and Northwest transactions.
Old Sep 17, 09, 11:44 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
Please don't waste your fingers commenting on whether it's worthwhile to be buying domestic F awards. I have a boatload of miles and won't miss them.
I will waste my fingers since I agree with you. I used miles for domestic F for a trip last month with two others to Alaska. I knew only I would get upgraded if at all, and I wanted them to experience first class. It was a real treat for them.

So yes, there are definitely times I would book domestic F perksaver awards. And there is no need to "justify" it - even if someone doesn't have boatloads of miles.

But if you have so many miles that you won't miss them, please contact me....LOL.

John
Old Sep 17, 09, 12:13 pm

Programs: NW/DL Plat->Gold->Silver, AA EXP 1MM
* WorldPerks members will be assigned a new 10-digit SkyMiles account number (which we’ll send you in early October).

Does this mean only those WP members not yet in SM's?

* Your existing WorldPerks account information, including all balances, will be transferred into your SkyMiles account.
Old Sep 17, 09, 12:54 pm

Programs: NW/DL Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by fti View Post
So yes, there are definitely times I would book domestic F perksaver awards. And there is no need to "justify" it - even if someone doesn't have boatloads of miles.
i'm with FTI and Stripe here. There are definitely times booking F as either perksaver or even mileage upgrades is fine. No need to justify
Old Sep 17, 09, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by NWAOldtimer View Post

Does this mean only those WP members not yet in SM's?

If you linked your SM and WP accounts before September 1 (you can't do it anymore), the WP account will be transferred to the linked SM account. If you didn't link your accounts or don't have a SM account, they'll give you a new SM account number and transfer the WP account to the new SM account. If you didn't link the SM and WP accounts when you could have and therefore are left with 2 SM accounts, you'll later be able to consolidate the 2 SM accounts into 1.
Old Sep 17, 09, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I linked my accounts during one of the bonus offers but I never got the bonus.

1) Did anyone ever get the bonus?
2) Even though I provided my eMail address, every time I log into my DL account, I'm asked to provide my eMail address! Does this happen to anyone else?
3) Could this mean that they haven't linked the accounts?
4) Is there any way to tell if your link was successful or not?
Old Sep 18, 09, 12:05 am

Oct 1....Worldperks members will become Skymiles members that week....As far as nwa.com, probably early next year, shortly after the sgl Op certificate....
Old Sep 18, 09, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ResSalesGuy View Post
Oct 1....Worldperks members will become Skymiles members that week....As far as nwa.com, probably early next year, shortly after the sgl Op certificate....

So, do you have any idea, if NWA.com is still active AFTER WP accounts are zeroed out, does that mean that we won't be able to book award trips on NWA.com anymore - and forced to use DL.com?
Old Sep 18, 09, 7:39 am

Programs: DL Kettle
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
I linked my accounts during one of the bonus offers but I never got the bonus.

1) Did anyone ever get the bonus?
2) Even though I provided my eMail address, every time I log into my DL account, I'm asked to provide my eMail address! Does this happen to anyone else?
3) Could this mean that they haven't linked the accounts?
4) Is there any way to tell if your link was successful or not?
I just had a 500 mile bonus for linking the accounts show up this week. I believe I linked them back in late August.
Old Sep 18, 09, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
So, do you have any idea, if NWA.com is still active AFTER WP accounts are zeroed out, does that mean that we won't be able to book award trips on NWA.com anymore - and forced to use DL.com?
Thats what I would like to know too.
I want to book an award to Europe next summer (but cant book late August yet), and nwa.com is showing 60k/100k roundtrips, while over on delta.com its 150k lowest, not to mention you cant get SU flights to display... what a piece of garbage that award calendar is. I dread the day I have to book there.
Old Sep 18, 09, 4:35 pm

From what we are being told, you will be able to book on nwa.com using your SM nbr for award or revenue travel.... Of course things change daily ...We will know for sure very soon!
Old Sep 18, 09, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by mike_plat View Post
If you linked your SM and WP accounts before September 1 (you can't do it anymore), the WP account will be transferred to the linked SM account. If you didn't link your accounts or don't have a SM account, they'll give you a new SM account number and transfer the WP account to the new SM account. If you didn't link the SM and WP accounts when you could have and therefore are left with 2 SM accounts, you'll later be able to consolidate the 2 SM accounts into 1.
You can still link if you havent already done so...There is an unpublished way for an agent to do it....Just call and ask...

Search this Thread