FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Removing miles credited from a partner airlines? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/995210-removing-miles-credited-partner-airlines.html)

hw711 Sep 15, 2009 9:26 am

Removing miles credited from a partner airlines?

Has anyone successfully uncredited miles gotten from flying a partner airlines from your WP account?

fti Sep 15, 2009 11:57 am

Why? In order to have the miles posted to the FF account of the partner airline? Just the request would sound suspicious to me if I were the airline in question.

hw711 Sep 15, 2009 12:15 pm

I booked a trip to MAD on DL and another trip continue to IBZ on UX on a separate reservation. NW's system is not giving me the 10K loyalty bonus because it thinks those two reservations are one trip (and having UX segment disqualify the trip to earn 10K bonus miles). If I can remove UX flights from my account history, I should be able to get the 10K.

fti Sep 15, 2009 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by hw711 (Post 12384685)
I booked a trip to MAD on DL and another trip continue to IBZ on UX on a separate reservation. NW's system is not giving me the 10K loyalty bonus because it thinks those two reservations are one trip (and having UX segment disqualify the trip to earn 10K bonus miles). If I can remove UX flights from my account history, I should be able to get the 10K.

It is one trip but two reservations, two e-ticket receipts and two ticket numbers. Can't you send them the e-ticket receipts and show them that? It shouldn't be too hard to prove your case. But then again, we are no longer really dealing with NW.

hw711 Sep 15, 2009 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by fti (Post 12384993)
It is one trip but two reservations, two e-ticket receipts and two ticket numbers. Can't you send them the e-ticket receipts and show them that? It shouldn't be too hard to prove your case. But then again, we are no longer really dealing with NW.

I did all that. The agents I've talked to understand the situation but the computer system doesn't appearantly so I am stuck.

mike101 Sep 15, 2009 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by hw711 (Post 12386146)
I did all that. The agents I've talked to understand the situation but the computer system doesn't appearantly so I am stuck.

Just incase you haven't done so, my suggestion would be to speak to either the department which credits miles, or the promotions department. Believe me, when you dial that elite line, the customer service reps do not really know a lot about what they are talking about (in certain cases)

Let me give you an example, I called yesterday asking why my NW flight from Wednesday had not yet posted to my account and I was told that it was "Q" pending (something I already knew) and that it took 3-5 days. When I told her that it was already 5 days, I got a repeated response of, it is pending. When I called back for another department, they were able to fix my problem within hours.

Last month, my r/t to Tokyo earned me a higher elite status. I had called exactly 3 weeks later asking where my welcome package was and elite card. I was told by the elite services line that it had not yet been mailed out and it takes 3 weeks. I checked my mail later that day and had found the card was sent days ago.

Lesson learned, ask for a different department. And good luck with your miles/promo request.

flatlined Sep 15, 2009 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by hw711 (Post 12384685)

I actually have done this with NW when I was a CO elite and was juggling miles between the two programs. Normally, you can't credit different segments of an itinerary to different airlines - it's all or nothing. But if you really do have different e-ticket numbers for the separate reservations, try dumping the UX segment into CO or another FF program. In other words, if you can't go through the door, try a window.

hw711 Sep 15, 2009 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by flatlined (Post 12387619)
But if you really do have different e-ticket numbers for the separate reservations, try dumping the UX segment into CO or another FF program. In other words, if you can't go through the door, try a window.

As in try to request miles with another program (I still got the boarding passes)? Now? ie. After I already got WP miles? That's how to get NW to retract my WP miles?

flatlined Sep 16, 2009 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by hw711 (Post 12387971)
As in try to request miles with another program (I still got the boarding passes)? Now? ie. After I already got WP miles? That's how to get NW to retract my WP miles?

Perhaps, but again it down to the question of if you have two separate ticket stock numbers for these flights. Do you have two separate e-ticket numbers for these two flights? If so, you should be golden. If they are indeed separate reservations, my suggestion is to call NW and have them associate a different SkyTeam-compatible FF number (e.g., a CO account) with the flight portion you do not want credited to your WP account. If all of your flight segments have the same e-ticket number, however, then this won't work.

hw711 Sep 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Just an update. I finally found an agent who is willing to remove the UX flights from my account. She said they usually don't do this but she is making an exception for me just because I'm a valuable NW customer. And my 10K loyalty bonus posted immediately after the UX flights were removed.

^^^