Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

SM/WP mile transfer not possible. Am I stuck until October? Trying to book award SQ..

SM/WP mile transfer not possible. Am I stuck until October? Trying to book award SQ..

Old Sep 14, 09, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

I was hoping to book award tickets with SQ using SM but most of my miles are in WP. I found out that transferring WP miles to SM is no longer possible as of Sept 09.

What I am trying to book is SQ NRT-SIN RT coach. I spoke to maybe 6 reps at both Delta and NW and they all say different things, it's amazing and discouraging.

My questions:

-Can WP representative book SQ award tickets? (1 WP elite line rep I spoke to today said he can do this and he actually looked into availability for SQ flights. I hung up and after that no other agents say they can do this...)

-SQ award tickets require immediate ticketing. Because I don't have enough miles in my SM account, does this mean I have no choice but to wait until WP/DL become 1 account sometime in October?

I hope someone can help me with this... Thank you so much.
Old Sep 14, 09, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
WP/SM transfers ended August 31, 2009. Bummer you missed it.

As far as I know, NW cannot issue tickets for SQ using WorldPerks. I think you're stuck here until the two programs are combined around October 1 and all of your miles become SkyMiles.

You can always try to call NW and get an agent who says they can issue a ticket on SQ but since SQ is not a NW partner I can't see how they'll be able to do this.

-RM
Old Sep 14, 09, 9:31 pm

WP Agents can definitely NOT issue a mileage tkt on SQ....The NW agent you got was totally mistaken.....
The only chance is if you can get a SM rep to book and hold the tkt for you and then they can request a mileage transfer from NW....There is an internal procedure for them to do this....IF SQ requires immediate tktng, (Which I have not heard), then this will not work....
Otherwise....You will need to wait until early October....
Old Sep 15, 09, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. I guess I need to wait until October...
SQ does require immediate ticketing for Delta award ticket. I asked DL agents and they all said that. Unless I book a DL award ticket and hold, ask for transfer, then cancel, seems like there's no way, but I won't go that far. 48 hours is probably not enough to transfer miles. Thanks for your comments, though!

Search this Thread