Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

One More Perk Withdrawn - Air Miles (Canada)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW/DL GE, CO GE

Got this today. Not that this was a huge bonus, but for us Canadians it was a good way to get extra miles in another regional loyalty program.

Dear Cybershaz,

In October, the WorldPerks program will officially merge into the SkyMiles® program. As a result, Northwest Airlines will no longer participate in the Air Miles loyalty program. You have been identified as a member who has earned Air Miles reward miles in the past. Please be advised that trips taken after September 30, 2009 will not be eligible for matching Air Miles reward miles.

For complete Air Miles terms and conditions, please visit nwa.com/am.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience as we consolidate the loyalty programs and continue to merge the airlines.

The combination of Northwest and Delta Air Lines® will offer customers the largest network of any major airline, serving more than 565 destinations across six continents. On top of this, the merged airline loyalty program will not only offer more ways to earn and redeem miles than any other airline but will continue to feature industry-leading benefits, including Rollover Medallion® Qualification Miles, Choice Benefits and a new Diamond Medallion tier.

Thank you for choosing Northwest, Delta and the SkyMiles program and for your continued patience and support during the final stages of our integration effort.

Sincerely,

Bob Soukup
Managing Director - WorldPerks
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:44 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Another "Best In Class" improvement... not to be the last I'm sure...

Originally Posted by Cybershaz
Got this today. Not that this was a huge bonus, but for us Canadians it was a good way to get extra miles in another regional loyalty program.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:27 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
Sad to see this go

I enjoyed this perk and am sad to see it go. The advantage was that Air Miles is a household based program. I.E. all family members flying are pooled into the same account. To be honest, Air Miles isn't a great program, but the NWA 25 miles / flight taken was the only way I made Gold with that program.

Another "Best in Class" perk from Delta! Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.