Ok, this is kinda confusing....

Old Sep 13, 09, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Ok, this is kinda confusing....

I just attempted to check in for my EAU-(NW)-MSP-(DL)-ATL flight tomorrow. Originally tried with firefox on nwa.com, got an error before I was able to print a boarding pass.

Then tried through dl.com using IE - DL redirected me to nwa.com, where I was able to print a boarding pass, but after printing the boarding pass and clicking the button to continue, I once again got an error. But I am holding a boarding pass for my complete itinerary (although the gate for the MSP-ATL flight is noted as "DL}7")

Now looking at the flight through DL.com, it still says I'm not checked in, but it DOES now say that my reservation for the DL leg is now 'Standby', with First(V) as my cabin/class. There is also a link to 'View Standby List', which says I can't see the standby list until I check in if I click on it. My seat assignment is still 17C, although in the 'Your Seating' section it also has 'Standby' listed for the MSP/ATL leg.

So, does anyone know where I'm at here? Am I checked in all the way through? Did I MAKE the upgrade or am I just on the list to make the upgrade?
Old Sep 13, 09, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...r-checkin.html

-RM
Edit: I see you've already posted in that thread as well.
Old Sep 13, 09, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Right, past the Firefox issue - did it all IE and not sure what state I'm in now.
Old Sep 13, 09, 8:26 pm

Programs: NW GE
I can explain the standby thing, the same exact thing happened to me this weekend.

When you are on the standby list for an elite upgrade at DL they put your name on a list and it shows in your itin as "standby" for the same flight but only as a DL flight. Your original flight is probably booked as a NW codeshare on DL metal (NW9523 or something) vs the real DL flight number which is DL545 or whatever. So basically, you are checked in for your flight (NW95xx) but on the standby list for FC on DL545. I'm assuming this is why the computer had problems for so long with upgrading people on NW coded DL operated flights--the system sees them basically as 2 different flights.

You will be on the list at the airport correctly, and you are checked in.

Make sense?
Old Sep 13, 09, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Excellent, although interestingly on at least one of my legs I'm on 012 stock with a DL flight number on a DL flight.
Old Sep 14, 09, 7:23 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
Originally Posted by raehl311 View Post
not sure what state I'm in now.
You're Plat. Call Chisholm. They'll make sure you're set. Say "hello" for me.

Search this Thread