FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   The New NWA: Now With Twice As Many Seats Assignments Per Passenger! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/994481-new-nwa-now-twice-many-seats-assignments-per-passenger.html)

john_l Sep 13, 2009 6:41 am

The New NWA: Now With Twice As Many Seats Assignments Per Passenger!

I checked on my November award flight on Friday and noticed that the 2 NW segments (MSP/DTW) had a schedule change and flight number change (yep, just like the sticky thread indicates). Not a problem. I grabbed new seat assignments for my PNR and for my parents' PNR.

What's odd is that when I checked online today, I am seeing *2* seat assignments listed for each of us on our NW segments.

Passenger 1: Class of Service: First Class (A) Seat: 02-A Window, 04-D Window
Passenger 2,3: Class of Service: First Class (A) Seat: 03-A Window, 03-B Aisle, 01-C Aisle, 01-D Window

It's nice of Delta to reserve 6 seats for us in F, but a little unnecessary ;)

I called the Plat Elite line since I had never seen this on a PNR before. The first thing out of the agent's mouth was "well, you're flying on Air France, and I..." before I interrupted and told her the problem was with the NW segments. She said her system only showed the 2-A seat for me, so there was no problem.

The last oddity is that when I try to change the seat, I am shown the 4-D seat as my current seat on the picker, and 2-A is occupied. (Our double seats are the only ones assigned on the flight in F so far).

I have a bad feeling this is going to burn me somehow and my seats will get hosed. Anyone else seen this before?

John

MikeMpls Sep 13, 2009 7:26 am

Everything gets inflated at Delta Air Lines. It's truly One Amazing Program! :cool:

Bago'peanuts Sep 13, 2009 7:39 am

The same thing happened yesterday to my SO and I on separate PNRs. We were left with unassigned seats after a schedule change and we both picked bulkhead seats for outbound and return flights. A few hours later, we both noticed that we had been assigned a second seat for each flight - which were no where near as good as the seats we picked. When we clicked on the seat assignment, those second seats show up instead of our bulkhead seats, so we both (separately) called the Elite line. The agents mentioned that they could only see our originally selected bulkhead seats on their record, and couldn't explain why we are seeing two assignments for each flight. But I agree with the OP -- I don't think this is a good sign.

bblank Sep 13, 2009 7:51 am

I've seen this a few times over the past year. The first time I just ignored it after the Elite line confirmed the seat on record was my original (and good) seat. The next few times I would call and have them release ALL of my seat assignments so that it showed "unassigned" on nwa.com. Once they did this, I was able to pick the one (and only) seat that I wanted.

You might give them a call and have them do the same. For whatever reason, if they release AND assign you to the new seat the problem reoccurs.

Good luck!

bdnyc Sep 13, 2009 8:24 am

Originally Posted by john_l (Post 12372603)
I am seeing *2* seat assignments listed for each of us on our NW segments.

Same with me. Printed one BP at home (one seat), printed another BP (other seat) at airport. Both were valid at the gate. I had the GA fix it.

CaptainMiles Sep 13, 2009 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by bdnyc (Post 12372811)
Same with me. Printed one BP at home (one seat), printed another BP (other seat) at airport. Both were valid at the gate. I had the GA fix it.

It's DL's hidden DEQM promo. Board with both BPs, get double the miles.

Crazyhotelguy Sep 13, 2009 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by CaptainMiles (Post 12373848)

+1, if only that would really work.....

john_l Sep 13, 2009 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by CaptainMiles (Post 12373848)

On my reward flight, I suspect they'd go in an help themselves to more of my miles. Just another reason to burn, baby, burn!

If they were really trying to be helpful, they could have put the extra seat next to the original. How am I supposed to stretch out from 2A to 4D? :p

GBadger Sep 13, 2009 2:55 pm

I had this happen on some recent flights... Unfortunately I can't remember how it turned out. Please post your results so that the next time I'll know whether I have to fix it or not.

weaselwatchr Sep 13, 2009 6:59 pm

Had the same problem with my Nov. and Dec. flights both (DTW - LAS). Called, was told that this issue is due to switching to Delta computer systems, and that this was a very wide spread issue. The agent told me that as stated above the original seats were reserved and simply removed the additional seats from the reservation.

mnredfox Sep 14, 2009 7:30 am

Originally Posted by MikeMpls (Post 12372681)
Everything gets inflated at Delta Air Lines. It's truly One Amazing Program! :cool:

:D