Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NW/DL DoubleMile with AMEX & Connection on Skywest Airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2009, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

I am flying LAX-JFK-LAX - one of the (the first one) segment is on Skywest Air ( DL coded, operated by Skywest).....do I get Double Miles on the entire itinerary OR on all except one on Skywest OR .....this ENTIRE itinerary would be considered INELIGIBLE ( due to just ONE Skywest segement) for the Double Mile promotion ?
Old Sep 12, 2009, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA EXP
Originally Posted by BDQBDQ
I am flying LAX-JFK-LAX - one of the (the first one) segment is on Skywest Air ( DL coded, operated by Skywest).....do I get Double Miles on the entire itinerary OR on all except one on Skywest OR .....this ENTIRE itinerary would be considered INELIGIBLE ( due to just ONE Skywest segement) for the Double Mile promotion ?
My experience has been that all DL, NW and their connection carriers (Mesaba, Compass, Comair, Skywest, etc.) flights count for double miles as long as you purchase the flight with your AmEx card. You should get double miles on your entire itinerary.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 4:39 pm
Company Representative - Amex

Hi BDQBDQ, this is Rachel from Amex Customer Care.

You receive double miles for every eligible dollar spent on Delta or Northwest airline purchases. Unfortunately, it does not apply to tickets purchased on carriers associated with the two; it must be purchased with only those two airlines to receive the double miles.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 5:33 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by Amex Customer Care
Hi BDQBDQ, this is Rachel from Amex Customer Care.

You receive double miles for every eligible dollar spent on Delta or Northwest airline purchases. Unfortunately, it does not apply to tickets purchased on carriers associated with the two; it must be purchased with only those two airlines to receive the double miles.
Thanks for your reply. But the double miles for DL spending on AmEx is different than what the OP is referring to. They are referring to double miles for FLYING just because someone has a DL AmEx card (it is a promotion you must enroll in).

Yes, I agree that you will get double miles on all the flights.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 9:21 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
Haven't flown any SkyWest, but I'm on ASA every week for at least 2 segments on DL connection/DL coded flights. With my Delta AMEX Gold, I get double miles on all those flights. My WP number is in all the PNRs, my SM number is not.

Purchasing tickets with the AMEX is not required. My tickets are purchased thru our corp travel agency with a corp MasterCard. You just have be be a cardholder of the Delta AMEX Gold and be registered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.