FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Customer First does not apply when an ECV is used? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/994242-customer-first-does-not-apply-when-ecv-used.html)

rayoflight Sep 12, 2009 3:40 am

Customer First does not apply when an ECV is used?

Wonder if anyone has come across this...

After buying a ticket using an ECV I canceled it within 24 hours as per the Customer First policy. I got a response from NWA that the Customer First cancelation policy does not apply because I used an ECV to pay for the ticket:

Thank you for contacting Northwest's Passenger Refunds Department.
This ticket would still remain non refundable due to the fact you
purchased it with a voucher. You can use this ticket for future travel
however all exchange and addition fees may apply.

Never heard this before. Is this correct?

fti Sep 12, 2009 9:16 am

I believe the ticket itself is refundable but you lose the value of the ECV.

clarence5ybr Sep 12, 2009 11:01 am

I know that DL does not allow the 24-hour no-fee refund if an e-credit from an old ticket was used to pay for part or all of a fare. Could be the same deal here.

Lyaec350 Sep 12, 2009 5:25 pm

Bump ECV's are definitely fine w/ the Customer First policy... I have cancelled/rebooked a few w/in the 24 hrs + midnight policy w/ no penalty.

raehl311 Sep 13, 2009 12:44 am

Northwest policy is to refund your ECV. I had one come back as a paper TCV this past May. But this may be another case of Deltification - don't know what the DL policy is.

rayoflight Sep 13, 2009 5:49 am

I spoke with reservations again today and they told me that ECV purchases are not refundable under 'customer first' (the ECV $ voucher i have was given to me due to IDB).

Strange that applicability of customer first depends on payment method.

fti Sep 13, 2009 9:24 am

Originally Posted by rayoflight (Post 12372497)
I spoke with reservations again today and they told me that ECV purchases are not refundable under 'customer first' (the ECV $ voucher i have was given to me due to IDB).

Strange that applicability of customer first depends on payment method.

Why in the world did you accept a voucher for IDB unless it was susbstantially more than the cash they would have offered you? They are required by law to offer cash for IDB.

rayoflight Sep 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by fti (Post 12373028)
Why in the world did you accept a voucher for IDB unless it was susbstantially more than the cash they would have offered you? They are required by law to offer cash for IDB.

Sorry got my acronyms mixed up. It was VDB rather than IDB.