Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

How to endorse ticket from NWA (012) to Delta (006)?

Old Sep 10, 09, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM (Now Gold...)

Has anyone had any success having a NWA (on 012 ticket stock) ticket endorsed over to DL (on 006 ticket stock)? Kind of a reserve BUMP program?

I have a ticket on NWA ticket stock from SEA-DTW-PHL 11SEP09 and the PHL-DTW-SEA 13SEP09 and would like to change it to a DL ticket SEA-ATL-PHL 11SEP09 and then PHL-SLC-SEA for more mileage and better IFE.

I have had endorse happen b/c IROPS but have not tried under different circumstances.

Cheers,
Discplayer
Old Sep 10, 09, 10:43 pm

Programs: *wood Gold, HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by Discplayer View Post
Has anyone had any success having a NWA (on 012 ticket stock) ticket endorsed over to DL (on 006 ticket stock)? Kind of a reserve BUMP program?

I have a ticket on NWA ticket stock from SEA-DTW-PHL 11SEP09 and the PHL-DTW-SEA 13SEP09 and would like to change it to a DL ticket SEA-ATL-PHL 11SEP09 and then PHL-SLC-SEA for more mileage and better IFE.

I have had endorse happen b/c IROPS but have not tried under different circumstances.

Cheers,
Discplayer
Easiest way is to try OLCI and see if you are given the option to fly the routings you want.
Old Sep 11, 09, 7:53 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I tried to reroute myself from DL to NW earlier this week and it was a fiasco. Tried the BUMP program and was told it must be in the same class as my original ticket (really? how can that be when the other airlines have different booking classes). Basically I just left things as they were, which was less than ideal.

As bikeguy said, the best is probably to see what options you are given at OLCI or airport check in.
Old Sep 11, 09, 9:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond
There is no need for endorsement between 012 and 006. This would be considered a FlyNow and you technically would need to pay the FlyNow fee of $50 since you are changing your routing.

FTI - where were you refused?
Old Sep 11, 09, 10:08 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by NWA012 View Post
FTI - where were you refused?
Newark. I was booked EWR-ATL-MSP and NW said I could not fly non stop or via DTW unless the same booking class were available, even under BUMP. Strange - DL and NW booking classes don't match up anyway, and less so if it were a UA/US/AA ticket.
Old Sep 11, 09, 6:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Book class should be *comparable*, not exact for the reasons you specified.

Search this Thread