SEA -> EDI (How) Can I do it in J?

Old Sep 8, 09, 5:03 pm
PBQ
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Question SEA -> EDI (How) Can I do it in J?

Mr. PBQ is off to EDI on a business trip in October and will fly in J. He is also silver elite on NWA. He'll fly a few days before me (on NWA flights) but we'll return together. IS there a way I can join him in J on the return flight without it costing me my first child?

Currently he has ~65,000 NWA miles, I have none.
I have 100,000+ Delta miles. Did I read correctly that I had until 8/31 to merge accounts?
I also have 125,000+ on AA but I don't think that will help me here.

I found online that I could go J but the ticket would be $2,900 + 50,000 is there another way?

Coach is currently $965 r/t and is booking in V and T.
Old Sep 8, 09, 8:35 pm

T is not upgradeable....the perkchoice might be the best bet....Call and ask the agents if there is Z class or a Z fare on the return...might save some $$
Old Sep 8, 09, 9:01 pm

Programs: DE,UN,StarwoodGold
Well if you are willing to cash those Delta Skymiles, you can phone them and see if they can find award availability on any routing that might work for you outbound, and your husband's exact return routing assuming he has booked it, they may come up with something, but availability there shifts hourly so don't bother with their website, you need to phone and get the best their agents may be able to put together for you. Various threads address this over on the Delta forum here; you may need to phone several times over several days depending on how much time you have, and success may depend on just HOW MANY Skymiles you have and are willing to part with; but J at 100K for TATL, close to travel dates, seems to be definitely happening frequently nowadays. I can tell you from my own current experience though, I'm having difficulty finding it for my own return from EDI to LAX in mid-October, having to do more with AF releasing award seats very late; but that may not affect you at all, if you need that specific return routing, either they can provide it or they can't. In your shoes I might also ask, assuming your outbound award can be found, can they offer you an upgradeable fare on just the return portion, which might be around $1750 plus a few more Skymiles. Anyhow best of luck and let us know how you do with it, many interested to know here including me. PS Isn't Edinburgh a great place, have not been there for a long time and so eager to see it again...
Old Nov 23, 09, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
I thought that service to EDI was cut? How can you fly there? I'm very interested to find out as I'm planning to fly there in September of 2010.
Old Nov 27, 09, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, DL 0.8MM
I've done MSP->EDI connecting in AMS... KLM provided the AMS->EDI leg, its about an hour so on J you're prolly looking at "Europe Select"
Old Nov 27, 09, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HH, MR elite. Fly mostly AA/WN/B6.
Originally Posted by Juanefny View Post
I thought that service to EDI was cut? How can you fly there?
If you do the long leg to AMS in J on NW/KL/DL, it's an easy transfer to the second, short leg on KL to anywhere in the British Isles, which is under an hour and pretty painless even in a less-than-mainline aircraft.

Search this Thread