Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Perk Choice Going Away

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Location: Minneapolis, MN - At least that's where I receive mail...
Programs: DL (DM), AA (EP), SPG (Ambassador), HHonors (Gold)
Perk Choice Going Away

It appears that PerkChoice is going away.

From http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...pect/index.jsp

"The PerkChoice redemption program will be discontinued, however a similar Pay with Miles* program for eligible Delta SkyMiles American Express Cardmembers is available to purchase tickets with a combination of miles and money "

Thoughts?
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aaronhurd

"The PerkChoice redemption program will be discontinued, however a similar Pay with Miles* program for eligible Delta SkyMiles American Express Cardmembers is available to purchase tickets with a combination of miles and money "

Thoughts?
Yeah, this is bad news. Pay with miles is not the same...you do not get mileage credit for the portion you pay for and MUST have an Amex card anyway. Delta also does not want to offer one way awards tickets.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Delta technology can not handle this. Also, you can no longer prepay many fees with reservations due to the cut over to the Delta reservations system last week.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 2P, NWA & AirTran A+ refugee
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
Yeah, this is bad news. Pay with miles is not the same...you do not get mileage credit for the portion you pay for and MUST have an Amex card anyway. Delta also does not want to offer one way awards tickets.
Do you get EQMs for Perk Choice flight segments, or just non-qualifying miles?
Old Sep 8, 2009, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Location: Minneapolis, MN - At least that's where I receive mail...
Programs: DL (DM), AA (EP), SPG (Ambassador), HHonors (Gold)
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
Yes, I think that this was quite sneaky of them . . . you could "pay with miles" for $100 of a $2000 international ticket and invalidate your entire ticket for frequent flyer miles.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 4:53 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Yes, I think that this was quite sneaky of them . . . you could "pay with miles" for $100 of a $2000 international ticket and invalidate your entire ticket for frequent flyer miles.
we were able to use 10000 miles to get a 100 dollar off voucher from US Bank. I believe the ticket was still miles-earning.

this is a big ripoff!
Old Sep 8, 2009, 5:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
And, I believe, complimentary upgrades.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:14 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, NCR Emerald; Hilton Gold VIP

Thoughts?

FAQs

Why was PerkChoice eliminated? Will it be reinstated?
Due to the significant challenges and resources required to integrate two programs on very different platforms, we are not able to develop this functionality for Delta at this time; however, a similar Pay with Miles program for eligible Delta SkyMiles American Express Cardmembers is available to purchase tickets with a combination of miles and money. Once total integration of the two airlines is completed, we will revisit the program and development of this option.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
And, I believe, complimentary upgrades.
No RDM, no EQM, no upgrades.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
When does Perk Choice go away?

Who knows what date Perk Choice goes away?
Old Sep 8, 2009, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by cmh flyer
Who knows what date Perk Choice goes away?
No official date has been announced....However, expect that once you lose your Worldperks acct and only have a SM acct, then this option will be gone...
They tell us it will come back when DL IT can handle it....So, judging from what I've seen...probably not anywhere in the near future...Seems like DL's technology is yrs behind the NW systems!!
Old Sep 8, 2009, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by NWA012
Delta technology can not handle this. Also, you can no longer prepay many fees with reservations due to the cut over to the Delta reservations system last week.
Wait....We switched over last week?? Guess I was on vacation!
Actually there are, and will be NW agts working on the NW system until first qtr next yr....training will run through Jan or Feb minimum....
Old Sep 8, 2009, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by ResSalesGuy
Wait....We switched over last week?? Guess I was on vacation!
Actually there are, and will be NW agts working on the NW system until first qtr next yr....training will run through Jan or Feb minimum....
Good! I'll keep booking everything through nwa.com until the last day possible...
Old Sep 8, 2009, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by n7371f
Good! I'll keep booking everything through nwa.com until the last day possible...
Ditto! And, continue to call the NW Elite lines...We are here to help!!
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by ResSalesGuy
No official date has been announced....However, expect that once you lose your Worldperks acct and only have a SM acct, then this option will be gone...
They tell us it will come back when DL IT can handle it....So, judging from what I've seen...probably not anywhere in the near future...Seems like DL's technology is yrs behind the NW systems!!
When will I lose my Worldperks account? Oct 1? Sometime in Oct? Later?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.