Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Perk Choice Going Away

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by cmh flyer
When will I lose my Worldperks account? Oct 1? Sometime in Oct? Later?
Unfortunately, sooner than you want! We dont have an actual date, however...things are moving rapidly in that direction....Best guess would be by the middle of October....
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Quote:

Originally Posted by ResSalesGuy
Unfortunately, sooner than you want! We dont have an actual date, however...things are moving rapidly in that direction....Best guess would be by the middle of October....
That's so sad!
Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Just made plat today, I really hope I'll get a NW Plat card (as souvenir) before the merge.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I am going to bet there won't be a single date for everyone, and people will gradually be switched over the course of a week or two.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
No official date has been announced....However, expect that once you lose your Worldperks acct and only have a SM acct, then this option will be gone...
They tell us it will come back when DL IT can handle it....So, judging from what I've seen...probably not anywhere in the near future...Seems like DL's technology is yrs behind the NW systems!!
I doubt it will be ever. If DL considers PerkChoice to be "similar" to Pay With Miles, it's obvious PerkChoice is dead.

In addition to no RDM, EQM, or upgrades on PWM tickets:

- Tickets with a base fare less than $100 require 25,000 miles
- Tickets with a base fare from $100 through $250 can have $100 off for 10k miles, *OR* require 25,000 miles plus 5,000 miles for every $50 over $100.

And, of course, you need an Amex card.

"Our IT sucks" may be the excuse, but it's not the reason. PerkChoice just plain delivered way more value for miles than DL wants to deliver.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:00 am

Who knows what date Perk Choice goes away?
October 1
Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by raehl311
I doubt it will be ever. If DL considers PerkChoice to be "similar" to Pay With Miles, it's obvious PerkChoice is dead.

In addition to no RDM, EQM, or upgrades on PWM tickets:

- Tickets with a base fare less than $100 require 25,000 miles
- Tickets with a base fare from $100 through $250 can have $100 off for 10k miles, *OR* require 25,000 miles plus 5,000 miles for every $50 over $100.

And, of course, you need an Amex card.

"Our IT sucks" may be the excuse, but it's not the reason. PerkChoice just plain delivered way more value for miles than DL wants to deliver.
I'm surprised to say this but I have hope DL might actually implement it - albeit well into next year. Roberston apparently expressed some enthusiasm about keeping it - probably because it expands the potential customer base that can bring revenue along with mileage redemptions. At some level DL has to be aware of just how much liability they are stacking up with all these miles they are giving away. Having more outlets for that liability that includes a revenue component has to be attractive.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 1:08 pm

Programs: Starwood and NWA Plat
Who knows what date Perk Choice goes away?
sounds like from the issues they are having it will be the day that NWA.COM goes down, which could be a long time from now. Why can't they use the NWA booking engine? Was it developed by an outsourcer they no longer doing business with?
Old Sep 9, 2009, 5:24 pm

The thing here is...I don't trust these people from SkyMiles...at all. Just because Jeff went before a group of frequent fliers (some of whom no doubt were pissed at the merger) and said he liked PerkChoice and would like to bring it back - doesn't mean anything. In less than a year I've learned Delta telling me something is like the Pentagon's media relations - they lie and distort constantly. So I don't believe anything about PerkChoice coming back.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 7:35 pm

I was told today that behind the scenes, there are already SM accts for those psgrs who dont already have them..Linked and ready to go....Sounds like this thing is right around the corner....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.