Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Should I stay with WorldPerks or move to KLM?

Old Sep 8, 09, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, VS, BA; HHonors Gold; Marriott Silver; Accor Silver

Didn't know whether to post this in the KLM or NW WP forum, so here goes.....

I'm a WP member with silver elite status at the moment. In 2 months I'll be moving to Europe permanently, and on the NW WP 'change of address' page I see that there is the option, if moving to Europe, of transferring and matching status with KLM.

Question: is it worth it? Or should I register my address with a friend and keep my miles/status with Delta/NW?

Just to explain, I travel quite frequently both in/to the US and in/to Europe. I don't have much of a preference between NW and KL as airlines either, although service may be a factor.
Old Sep 8, 09, 12:32 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I believe FB gives as little as 25% EQM for the cheaper fares. If you fly frequently on discount fares it may be to your advantage to stay with NW/DL.

Delta allows European members (for now) so it may be better to hang on until October when you will become a SkyMiles member and then can change your address.
Old Sep 8, 09, 2:42 pm

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
well, but delta sky miles will give you 0 miles for KLM V fare tickets or AF LN tickets. So, if you do any inner european flights at a sale fare you might be better of with AFKLM FB. Plus you will get status by segments quite fast. elite plus (FB gold) is only 30 segments including cheap fares. and redeeming sales are okay, too, cheap oneway business fares with miles between us and eu for example makes you forgive that you only receive half or quarter miles (and with delta you pay those high fuel surcharges anyway when starting the trip in europe)...
Old Sep 8, 09, 3:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM, DL MM
I guess it would depend upon whether you will ever fly NW/Delta again. For example, KLM gives 75% EQM for M class fares, while NW/Delta gives 150%! We've been members of both. KLM used to have a good program, until the merger with Air France. Now, it has to be one of the worst!
Old Sep 8, 09, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Silver
Switch to Flying Blue. It's not a good idea at all to stay with NW/DL.

(1) No mile at all for KL & AF deeply discounted fares.
(2) International originating surcharge

Search this Thread