Search

BOS-IAD-DTW

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:44 am
Original Poster

BOS-IAD-DTW

Hey Guys,

new to FT.

i tried searching for this but could not find anything. So since NWA has a monopoly on BOS-DTW, i thought i would try to find some indirect flights from BOS that connect in DTW.

hypothetically would i be able to do this, or is there some sort of penalty, etc?

book flight leaving thursday night BOS-DTW-IAD (get off in DTW obviously), returning flight is monday IAD-DTW-BOS (get on at DTW)

do they cancel my ticket if i miss the first segment on the way home?

any thoughts on best way to do this would be greatly appreciated. For what its worth, currently flight to DTW from BOS is $700+ for dates specified. With this the price would be <$200.

thanks
Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:49 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Your return flight will be cancelled automatically if you fail to board the DTW-IAD segment.

Try pricing two one-way tickets. The first would from BOS to anywhere, connecting in DTW. The second would be a straight DTW-BOS direct.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL, VS, BA; HHonors Gold; Marriott Silver; Accor Silver
Always a bad idea to get off in the middle of booked segments. I'm assuming you would have no checked baggage. Also as the other poster pointed out, the remainder of your booked segments would be cancelled.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by MileMe1013
Hey Guys,

new to FT.

i tried searching for this but could not find anything. So since NWA has a monopoly on BOS-DTW, i thought i would try to find some indirect flights from BOS that connect in DTW.

---- snip ---

any thoughts on best way to do this would be greatly appreciated. For what its worth, currently flight to DTW from BOS is $700+ for dates specified. With this the price would be <$200.

thanks
Welcome to FT -- and you're on the right track in trying to find a route that gives you a better fare...

One way to do this is consider an alternative airport, for example last year I had to go from DTW to PHL --- I found a fare at half the price, if I started my trip in FNT and it only made my trip door to door trip about an hour or two longer.

What you might look for is flights out of Hartford, or Providence.

Bob H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.