Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

routing when trying to book flight to VCE or LHR

Old Sep 7, 09, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta gold, United silver

When I try to book LBB-VCE or LBB-LHR in December using award travel, the only option that comes up is CO flights connecting through IAH at 62,500 miles each way.

When I force a connection through MEM, I can get to either place for 30,000 miles each way.

I didn't think that CO flights were still available for award travel, and I certainly don't understand why they come up as the first option and the connection through MEM doesn't show up at all.

Just more transition bizarreness?
Old Sep 9, 09, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by muhakas View Post
When I try to book LBB-VCE or LBB-LHR in December using award travel, the only option that comes up is CO flights connecting through IAH at 62,500 miles each way.

When I force a connection through MEM, I can get to either place for 30,000 miles each way.

I didn't think that CO flights were still available for award travel, and I certainly don't understand why they come up as the first option and the connection through MEM doesn't show up at all.

Just more transition bizarreness?
Dumb question, I know, but how do you force a connection? I'm a newbie with NWA awards and can't figure out how to do this, which I think would help me to find the award I'm looking for. TIA, Lolosmama
Old Sep 12, 09, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta gold, United silver
To force a connection, use the multi-city (not one-way or roundtrip) option.

So I did LBB-MEM, MEM-VCE, VCE-MEM, MEM-LBB. Instead of LBB-VCE roundtrip.

What can I say? it works . . . also works if you want to maximize miles. Sometimes it's even cheaper.

Search this Thread