Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Name Format in nwa.com Reservation

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2009, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Name Format in nwa.com Reservation

I just booked a reservation for someone on nwa.com. When the reservation was complete, the name showed as Robert.C Smith. Is that period between the first name and middle initial normal?

Also, I presume that nwa.com does not allow for suffixes, such as Jr., Sr., III? I did not see a place for that. And nwa.com also did not prompt the traveler for the new TSA SecureFlight data that is required, like delta.com and continental.com do?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 6:32 pm

I'd assume nwa.com / nw.aero / mobile.nwa.com (as well as 012-based ticket stock) is going to disappear pretty quickly after WorldPerks account number nuking and any improvements they'd make to the website would be considered unnecessary.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Gold
That is normal for a NWA ticket. Its FirstName.Middleinital/Last

And I don't know about the other additional info your talking about, I havent booked a non NWA flight in a long time
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by sryan2k1
That is normal for a NWA ticket. Its FirstName.Middleinital/Last

And I don't know about the other additional info your talking about, I havent booked a non NWA flight in a long time
I believe the poster is taking about the new Secure Flight requirements. Other airlines have already started implementing it (e.g., full legal name as on ID to be used, birthdate, redress number, etc.) but NW hasn't yet.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
I'd assume nwa.com / nw.aero / mobile.nwa.com (as well as 012-based ticket stock) is going to disappear pretty quickly after WorldPerks account number nuking and any improvements they'd make to the website would be considered unnecessary.
012 ticket stock won't go away until DL & NW complete their merger with one operating certificate. The merging of WP & SM accounts won't affect 012 ticket stock.

-RM
Old Sep 7, 2009, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Thank you, sryan2k1 and slippahs. I now know what I did was correct. The booking was for a new travel client with a new WorldPerks account, which I know will change to a SkyMiles account very soon, but booking at nwa.com is so much easier! Thanks again!
Old Sep 7, 2009, 8:08 pm

NW and NW psgrs are exempt from Secure flight implementation due to the merger....and, yes the format is correct....
Old Sep 8, 2009, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ResSalesGuy
NW and NW psgrs are exempt from Secure flight implementation due to the merger....and, yes the format is correct....
Thank you! I'm doubly relieved. It was the first time I created a new WorldPerks/nwa.com account for someone else, followed by his first booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.