FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   MSP - CDG is back for summer 2010 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/991607-msp-cdg-back-summer-2010-a.html)

mspnw1993 Sep 3, 2009 9:11 pm

MSP - CDG is back for summer 2010

On a 767 - can anyone tell me what the seats are like? In other words what is better: a) one stop that includes a 767 or b) two stops but on a 343 for the pond?

Northwest Airlines 762 Equipment: 767
Depart: 5:30 PM Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN (MSP) Meal: Dinner
Arrive: 9:15 AM Paris (CDG) Approx. flight miles: 4,211
Duration: 8 hr 45 min Operated by Delta Air Lines

mersk862 Sep 3, 2009 9:35 pm

Most likely going to be a 767-300, as it was this summer.

No PTVs in coach, exit rows (last time I checked) can be booked by anyone (including non-elites) at time of booking. No power in coach either.

Going over, I'd consider the 763 just to sleep longer, but on the return, I'd do CDG-DTW-MSP and get the A330 without any doubt.

davetravels Sep 3, 2009 9:39 pm

Ok, I'll be the first one to ask - - - What airline is the A343 on? . . . or did you mean an A333? Air France has A343's but DelWest doesn't. Personally, I don't usually make my decisions based mostly on aircraft type. I go by price, schedule, seat availability. Non-stop would be a HUGE bonus, in my opinion, especially if it's a free ticket, but a connection, depending on the routing, would be more miles - but then again, sometimes the additional miles for the connection isn't worth the extra time involved. MANY poeple say AVOD is one of the most important to them - not me. WAY too many things to consider!!

msntriathlete Sep 4, 2009 6:50 pm

direct comparison

I had an itinerary in May, on which I wrote a trip report both here and on airliners.net (same screenname), in which I flew the Air France 343 outbound, and a Delta 763 on the return. Both were in business class, which is the only comparison. Everyone knocks the 763, but I did find it a comfortable ride. The 343 was superior, but not to the point of going out of my way on a less convenient itinerary to fly it.

The 763 is not optimal, but it is acceptable. That said, I'd fly either plane across the Atlantic again, and would definitely choose flights based on convenience. If I had to choose the nonstop on a Delta 763 vs connecting through DTW just to get on the Air France 343, I'd take the nonstop.

respectable_man Sep 5, 2009 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by msntriathlete (Post 12334114)
I had an itinerary in May, on which I wrote a trip report both here and on airliners.net (same screenname), in which I flew the Air France 343 outbound, and a Delta 763 on the return. Both were in business class, which is the only comparison. Everyone knocks the 763, but I did find it a comfortable ride. The 343 was superior, but not to the point of going out of my way on a less convenient itinerary to fly it.

The 763 is not optimal, but it is acceptable. That said, I'd fly either plane across the Atlantic again, and would definitely choose flights based on convenience. If I had to choose the nonstop on a Delta 763 vs connecting through DTW just to get on the Air France 343, I'd take the nonstop.

The 763 is very rough in coach if you are used to the A330s.

It should be easy to have a good hint at the version of the 767: LHR is all 764, AMS is (almost) all 330s and CDG is essentially a 763 destination.

The timing (still subject at this point to numerous changes!) might be too early for me. I would have much preferred something a little later, in the same bank as the LHR and one of the AMS flight.

mspnw1993 Sep 8, 2009 1:39 pm

Ok, I'll be the first one to ask - - - What airline is the A343 on? . . . or did you mean an A330?

Outbound i am booked on a 330 MSP-AMS-BUD (NW and Malev). Coming back I am on a A343 on Air France (AMS route was not available at perksaver).
As a result I am headed back via PRG-CDG-DTW-MSP (AF, AF, NW).

PRG-AMS-MSP is still not available at a perksaver, but PRG-CDG-MSP is. (not sure about PRG-NYC-MSP.)

Difference of 3 or 4 hrs. Currently, I have business class seats on all legs. Would like to cut out a stop, but think it would be a downgrade to business class on the 767.

motytrah Sep 9, 2009 6:24 am

I just can't imagine 2-2-2 J on a DL 767. I've done 2-1-2 on CO's 767 and I thought that configuration was the minimum for a satisfactory hard product.

TheMoose Sep 9, 2009 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by motytrah (Post 12352791)
I just can't imagine 2-2-2 J on a DL 767. I've done 2-1-2 on CO's 767 and I thought that configuration was the minimum for a satisfactory hard product.

They can get by with it because the biz seats on the 763 are astonishingly only 18.5" wide!

Delta's old BE product is sub-par compared to WBC on the 330/747. I'd probably choose the nonstop for convenience and deal with the sub-par product, but it's sad that we now have to make that choice. With NW we had our cake and ate it, too. :(