what if i miss a flight booked in biz?

Old Sep 2, 09, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/1k
what if i miss a flight booked in biz?

I'm currently booked on a 18:25 JFK-LHR on DL, booked in M and upgraded to biz using one of those pmu things. I now have a meeting in nyc until 5pm, which makes it reasonable to expect that I might be late for this flight.

Assuming that the flight isn't late (which I suppose isn't a great assumption; flightstats claims it's late 40% of the time), and I miss my flight, what is likely to happen? Will they rebook me free of charge on the next one out? In coach? In Biz? will they route me through ATL if biz is available on the ATL-LHR leg?

The ticket's on 012 stock, in case that matters...

Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 09, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL SM Diamond, AA Ex. Platinum, Ph.D in STFU
If you miss your flight, they will rebook you at your cost. "Your cost" often times means the walkup price for a ticket, whether thats in Biz or Coach is upto you based on what you are willing to pay. Walkup price for a biz JFK-LHR can be north of 10K.

If I were you I would a) either rebook now, before it costs you big bucks, or b) skip the meeting and make the flight.
Old Sep 2, 09, 5:37 pm

Programs: NW GE
Isn't there a flat tire rule? IE if you show up at the airport w/in 2 hrs of your sched flight they will rebook you for the change fee, space available? Or w/out the change fee, if you're elite, etc?
Old Sep 2, 09, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA EXP
[QUOTE=vijayp;12322194]I'm currently booked on a 18:25 JFK-LHR on DL, booked in M and upgraded to biz using one of those pmu things. I now have a meeting in nyc until 5pm, which makes it reasonable to expect that I might be late for this flight.

QUOTE]

If you can make it to FDR & 34th St. by 5:20 you could take the US Helicopter 5:30 flight to JFK. You're supposed to be there 20 minutes early, but I check in on-line, and regularly show up 5 or 10 minutes before take-off.
Old Sep 2, 09, 9:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bmh3s View Post
If you can make it to FDR & 34th St. by 5:20 you could take the US Helicopter 5:30 flight to JFK. You're supposed to be there 20 minutes early, but I check in on-line, and regularly show up 5 or 10 minutes before take-off.
You regularly show up 5 to 10 minutes before take off???

Is this a joke?

In addition, your comment that you are supposed to be there "20 minutes early" for an international flight is sheer madness!
Old Sep 2, 09, 10:17 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA EXP
Originally Posted by yogimax View Post
You regularly show up 5 to 10 minutes before take off???

Is this a joke?

In addition, your comment that you are supposed to be there "20 minutes early" for an international flight is sheer madness!
TSS to JFK is not an international flight. It's an 8-person helicopter with usually 2-3 passengers max. About half of the time I use it, I'm the only passenger.

The OP was trying to figure out how to leave Manhattan at 5 and make a 6:25 pm flight out of JFK. The US Helicopter connection from TSS may work for him.

If the OP isn't familiar with TSS, you clear security at TSS, so when you land at JFK, you're already airside and just walk to your connecting gate.

Last edited by bmh3s; Sep 2, 09 at 10:23 pm
Old Sep 3, 09, 8:55 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by vijayp View Post
I'm currently booked on a 18:25 JFK-LHR on DL, booked in M and upgraded to biz using one of those pmu things. I now have a meeting in nyc until 5pm, which makes it reasonable to expect that I might be late for this flight.

Assuming that the flight isn't late (which I suppose isn't a great assumption; flightstats claims it's late 40% of the time), and I miss my flight, what is likely to happen? Will they rebook me free of charge on the next one out? In coach? In Biz? will they route me through ATL if biz is available on the ATL-LHR leg?

The ticket's on 012 stock, in case that matters...

Thanks!
I'd presume you would be accomodated on an as-available basis in the fare-class paid for, based on the originally purchased fare rules. That would mean probably the next available flight, perhaps some re-routing, in Y. If you want to be in J, at that point, you'd have to follow the rules at that moment... buy up, upgrade up, whatever.

Search this Thread