Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

AA announces fall double EQM promo. Others to follow?

AA announces fall double EQM promo. Others to follow?

Old Sep 16, 09, 8:47 am

Programs: New to United
US Air responded with their version of the MQM match:

Race to Preferred status

Get ready for the fastest, easiest way ever to get (or keep) Preferred status. Just fly between October 1 and December 25, 2009 on any US Airways or US Airways Express flight, and you'll earn Preferred status faster than ever before. The more you fly, the more you'll earn. Think of it as an end-of-the-year shortcut.

Here’s how it works:

* Fly 7,500 miles or 10 segments and earn Silver Preferred status
* Fly 15,000 miles or 20 segments and earn Gold Preferred status
* Fly 22,500 miles or 30 segments and earn Platinum Preferred status
* Fly 30,000 miles or 40 segments and earn Chairman’s Preferred status

We’ll determine and award your Preferred status on January 10, 2010. You don't need to register (we'll keep track of your flights). We told you it was easy!

http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...preferred.aspx
Old Sep 16, 09, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So AA, CO, UA and US have promotions that allow fast track acquisition/retention of elite status by way of flights while DL management has still not provided any such promotion to DL-NW customers.

It seems that DL management has shown a pattern of being far more eager to provide elite status for non-flight activity than for DL-NW flight activity. So why does DL management care so little for so many customers who actually fly or would consider flying more if DL management did things differently (and in a customer-friendly way) with regard to SkyMiles/WorldPerks?
Old Sep 16, 09, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
So AA, CO, UA and US have promotions that allow fast track acquisition/retention of elite status by way of flights while DL management has still not provided any such promotion to DL-NW customers.

It seems that DL management has shown a pattern of being far more eager to provide elite status for non-flight activity than for DL-NW flight activity. So why does DL management care so little for so many customers who actually fly or would consider flying more if DL management did things differently (and in a customer-friendly way) with regard to SkyMiles/WorldPerks?
Honestly, from what I have seen I do not think their IT systems could handle it given:

1. They have shown that they are having problems with the consolidation (last week's NWA shut-down was one example)

2. The timing of the integration is grey at best so to run a promotion right through the time-frame that the systems will begin to migrate would just be a disaster IMO.

I may be wrong but my guess is this is the reason we will see nothing else in the form of promos until the IT migration is complete.
Old Sep 16, 09, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC

Well, whatever the reasons, I just don't think DL is going to move this time. That is a shame because I would give them all of my business for the rest of the year if they did. Alas, I don't have the economic data, so I can only assume that management has calculated that granting extra EQMs will not be in its best interest. Oh well .... life goes on.

Slightly O/T, you have private e-mail.

Safe Travels
Old Sep 16, 09, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Marriott Plat

My guess is that they don't have the IT resources to pull off a matching DEQM promotion right now since they are having so many technical problems with the NW/DL integration.
Old Sep 16, 09, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
IT is not the reason DL management is so resistant to another status miles promotion, especially one of the AA-UA-CO or even US variety.

It's not like AA, UA, CO and US have lots of excess IT resources on hand too.
Old Sep 16, 09, 10:19 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
No, but theirs seems to be working alot better than NW/DL these days

IT is not the reason DL management is so resistant to another status miles promotion, especially one of the AA-UA-CO or even US variety.

It's not like AA, UA, CO and US have lots of excess IT resources on hand too.
Old Sep 16, 09, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Prem, DL Plat, CO Plat, Torrid Diva,Rascal House (free cookies!), TWA Ambassador 183506503
Has the point of no return passed? The post-labor day drop off in travel is here. everyone else has matched. Delta seems to be non-competitive.

Search this Thread