DL Plat, companion upgrade not processing

Old Aug 31, 09, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
DL Plat, companion upgrade not processing

For some reason, the EUA is not upgrading myself and my companion on 9/4 NW 632 from LAS-LAX. According to EF, there are 3 R seats and I am well within my window. NW customer service told me that I am eligible for an upgrade for myself and companion, but the computer was unable to process the upgrade....any suggestions?

I have talked to 3 different agents, and two of them did not even know that my companion was eligible for an upgrade at the 5 day window...

Thanks in advance...
Old Aug 31, 09, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
I think the confirmed companion upgrade works only for NW elites. Not for DL or CO, even though those elites are eligible for upgrades for themselves.

There may also be an issue with the reservation that's blocking the upgrade. In any case there is probably nothing you can do except OLCI 24 hours before the flight to see if you and your companion show up on the upgrade standby list.

Last edited by Stripe; Aug 31, 09 at 1:01 pm
Old Aug 31, 09, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
as noted before...Plat Companion upgrades at the EUA window is a benefit for ONLY NWA Plats...all DL/CO plats are handled at the airport (as is the norm for DL plats)...my recommendation is to split your record, that is what is preventing YOU from being EUA'd
Old Aug 31, 09, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by socrates View Post
as noted before...Plat Companion upgrades at the EUA window is a benefit for ONLY NWA Plats...all DL/CO plats are handled at the airport (as is the norm for DL plats)...my recommendation is to split your record, that is what is preventing YOU from being EUA'd
Thank you, I had thought that DL plat's were being treated as NW Plat's for all upgrade purposes. I guess the companion benefit is something different.

I travel alone 99% of the time, so have never encountered this situation...
Old Aug 31, 09, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by DanMan1120 View Post
Thank you, I had thought that DL plat's were being treated as NW Plat's for all upgrade purposes. I guess the companion benefit is something different.

I travel alone 99% of the time, so have never encountered this situation...
unfortunately I'm sure they are done upgrading PARS at this point in time and focusing on trying to get DLMatic upgraded to do the functions PARS can currently handle...thus no DL/CO Plat upgrades (well CO Plats were never suppose to have this benefit)...another slight difference between DL and NW ...Golds and Plats do NOT pay a call center ticketing fee when calling NWA Reservations....Golds and Plats DO pay a call center ticketing fee when calling DL Reservations (in this case DL golds/plats ARE treated as NW Elites and vice versa...unfortunately for us NW Gold/Plats)
Old Aug 31, 09, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, CO plat, Exec Emerald, amex plat, anything else good
even with delta you would not be upgraded at your 5 day window if you and your companion are on the same PNR. If you have separate PRNs, you will clear at your window and your companion at 12 hours prior to departure. If you share one PNR, both your upgrades are at 12 hours.

Search this Thread