Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Online Checkin problem for International Itenerary

Old Aug 30, 09, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold

I just tried to check in online for a NW airline CHA-MNL trip. My first leg is on a DL (Atlantic Southeast Airlines) Barbie jet to ATL and I was redirected to their website for checkin. After filling in passport number, date of birth, sex, name, expiration date, I get a message that "Due to visa requirements, you must check in at the airport". I've never encountered this before. I have always printed out boarding pass on NWA.com and went directly to a gate agent to get a document verification.
If you can't check in online internationally with DL, what is the purpose of filling in all the information? Flight is oversold, would this be the reason?
Dave
Old Aug 30, 09, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.3 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Bangkok Dave View Post
I just tried to check in online for a NW airline CHA-MNL trip. My first leg is on a DL (Atlantic Southeast Airlines) Barbie jet to ATL and I was redirected to their website for checkin. After filling in passport number, date of birth, sex, name, expiration date, I get a message that "Due to visa requirements, you must check in at the airport". I've never encountered this before. I have always printed out boarding pass on NWA.com and went directly to a gate agent to get a document verification.
If you can't check in online internationally with DL, what is the purpose of filling in all the information? Flight is oversold, would this be the reason?
Dave
I had the same problem in July. I needed to clear all the IE caches and filled it out again and it worked. YMMV
Old Aug 30, 09, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
Originally Posted by hnewman View Post
I had the same problem in July. I needed to clear all the IE caches and filled it out again and it worked. YMMV
Nope, didn't work for me. I couldn't change seats on two DL legs and can't select seats on two other DL legs. DL also says seats not assigned on the transpac portion. NWA shows all seats assigned. The more I interact with DL the more I hate it.
Dave
Old Aug 30, 09, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.3 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Bangkok Dave View Post
The more I interact with DL the more I hate it.
Dave
Seems to be a common theme. Sadly. Sorry my idea did not work.

Search this Thread