Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

2010 SkyMiles Benefits Mailer - If You Mention it Enough, It's Got to be True!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 SkyMiles Benefits Mailer - If You Mention it Enough, It's Got to be True!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 3:57 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
When someone sends you a letter like that, just imagine a sleazy used car salesman, with a huge smile on his face, and a bottle of lube in his hand. Someone is getting screwed, and it's not him.
That's the graphic truth about Delta Airlines' SkyMiles program.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:50 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Dear RealDLInsider: . . . . .

*Fee for Platinums to book close-in rewards . . . . .
Is this true? I didn't think DL PE's had to pay close-in booking fees?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:12 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RustyC
Not only that, but they can also be the world's "premier" global airline because that's a distinction you can't disprove!

I'm still wondering when/how they're going to determine Million Milers when they merge the program. The brochure indicated that they plan to keep that feature. I should be able to get it on 55% DL/45% NW (spanning 17 years) UNLESS they count it in some new way as to give people the shaft (odds of which are alarming). Would think most newly minted MillionMilers would be NW hub-captives and really wouldn't dilute the thing at all, but maybe they fear there are more people out there like me who have to be stopped at all costs.

Without MM, I'm hard-pressed to name a real advantage to me from having a full merger.
The MM is the only thing I am looking forward to, that NWA did not have. I also wonder how they can work it to hose me.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:18 am

Programs: DL
Got the letter but never bother about opening it
after reading this thread now I am thinking about send it straight to trash
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:07 am
Suspended

The current perk of using NW miles for intra-Europe award travel that costs less money than a regular paid ticket (not using miles) between the same cities is going away. That NW perk is being destroyed for the DL SkyMiles "benefit" of paying DL's huge rip-off charges for inter-Europe award travel that can make it more expensive to redeem miles for a ticket than simply buy a regular paid ticket for travel between the same cities.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by davetravels
Is this true? I didn't think DL PE's had to pay close-in booking fees?
DL Platinums don't get charged the sub-21-days-to-travel redemption fee -- we just get hit by a bunch of other award ticket fees.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:26 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The current perk of using NW miles for intra-Europe award travel that costs less money than a regular paid ticket (not using miles) between the same cities is going away.
I concur! ^ That's one of my favorite NW benefits! 25k for intra-EU awards can be a very good deal sometimes. It's not always the case; not with the increased presence of LCCs and legacy carriers matching prices, but it can be an incredible deal (e.g. 25k miles for a €350+ ticket). The DL fee is a total rip off, a best-in-class rip-off.

<sigh>
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:33 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
It will be interesting to see if this "perk" also goes away for Asian award travel as well...

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The current perk of using NW miles for intra-Europe award travel that costs less money than a regular paid ticket (not using miles) between the same cities is going away.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:15 am

The answer is in Delta's Corporate "Flight Plan"

"Capitalize on the size and scope of network to become the carrier of choice for our targeted customers"

If you are having qualms about the changes then that demonstrates you are not among the Targeted Customers. Unfortunately, despite any complaints, I don't think things will improve.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by okamsrazor

"Capitalize on the size and scope of network to become the carrier of choice for our targeted customers"

If you are having qualms about the changes then that demonstrates you are not among the Targeted Customers. Unfortunately, despite any complaints, I don't think things will improve.
Which customers of DL are not customers that DL is targeting? DL won't have much of any size or scope to its network if it intends to try to target and feed on just extinct or highly endangered species.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thezipper
It will be interesting to see if this "perk" also goes away for Asian award travel as well...
It better not, otherwise I'll puke when I hear the phrase "global airline" or "world's largest."
Old Sep 2, 2009, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by okamsrazor

Very pointed posting. In direct contact with Delta Executives and Managers, they have all emphasized on "size and scope of" network. This is the justification, reasoning if you will, coming from Jeff and his department for the devaluation in WorldPerks.

I have responded to them that with Continental in the fold, there really isn't any increase in network unless you fly to Africa or very deep South America.

Oh well...
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL Silver, CO Silver, AA, Wyndham ByRequest
I couldn't stop laughing while reading my propaganda letter. So glad I got a Chase Continental card last summer and started socking away OnePass miles. DL's not gonna be seeing much more of me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.