Short 840 EQM for GE

Old Aug 28, 09, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL platinum
Short 840 EQM for GE

Hello. I always appreciate the insight on this forum.

I'm just 840 EQM short of Gold Elite, and won't be traveling for another month--and then several times over a short period. Is there any "easy" way to get 840 EQM (even if it means forking over some cash) to get me to cross the threshold?

I'm concerned that if I wait until the first trip, my status won't be reflected in all of my reservations, and I won't have time at that point to have them do the un-enter, re-enter thing to get all my reservations in at GE.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Aug 28, 09, 3:22 pm

Programs: NW GE
Not really any easy way of getting EQM quickly without flying. Since the minimum segment length is 500 miles, a simple r/t turn will get you 1000 miles easily and you should be able to find something pretty reasonably priced unless you live in a small town that is only served by the 1 hub. What is your location?
Old Aug 28, 09, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lyaec350 View Post
Not really any easy way of getting EQM quickly without flying. Since the minimum segment length is 500 miles, a simple r/t turn will get you 1000 miles easily and you should be able to find something pretty reasonably priced unless you live in a small town that is only served by the 1 hub. What is your location?
I'm in Memphis, so it's easy to find a short R/T. That's not the issue--it's that I'm jammed up with work locally until I go back on the road late next month (hence my interest in a "no fly" EQM option).

Can't hurt to ask.

Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 09, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Gold
Your best bet would be a late night to somewhere and an early morning back if it's cheap enough.

How close is your first flight when you start traveling again to the rest of them? As long as the first departure is 3+ days out from all the others, the gold status will become effective on any other flight you have booked. The only downside is you might miss a EUA on one flight, but as long as you are gold by 24 hours out as the system reruns for the silvers you will get EUAed then if there is space.
Old Aug 28, 09, 6:25 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Four hotel higher levels - Will fly for DEQMs - DL RWT alum
Use the Hilton Promo: hhonors.com/deltanorthwest (with the usual header in front of it). This link is the redirect: Good for NW WP or DL SkyMiles.
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/proces...northwest,Q309

For a limited time, you’ll earn 1 Medallion Qualification Mile or 1 Northwest Elite Qualifying Mile along with 1 bonus mile for every variable or fixed mile earned on qualifying stays of two or more nights at any of more than 3,300 Hilton Family hotels worldwide from July 15, 2009 through October 15, 2009.
Old Aug 28, 09, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Richie-Rich View Post
I'm in Memphis, so it's easy to find a short R/T. That's not the issue--it's that I'm jammed up with work locally until I go back on the road late next month (hence my interest in a "no fly" EQM option).

Can't hurt to ask.

Thanks.
I mean, a quick turn would only take you ~6-8 hrs door to door... easy to do on a saturday morning? Your call but thats a lot of EQM to get quickly w/out flying.
Old Aug 29, 09, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Can't hurt to ask.

Thanks.

NWA & Delta have promos that if you buy 10,000 miles, they give you 1,000 EQMs. I don't need the miles, but the cost ($301) was comparable to me getting on a plane for a MR, but doesn't cost me precious time right now. I did it, am now GE, and now have time to get all my bunched up reservations changed to GE before my multiple road trips in a few weeks.

Thanks all for the suggestions.
Old Aug 29, 09, 8:36 am

NWA & Delta have promos that if you buy 10,000 miles, they give you 1,000 EQMs. I don't need the miles, but the cost ($301) was comparable to me getting on a plane for a MR, but doesn't cost me precious time right now. I did it, am now GE, and now have time to get all my bunched up reservations changed to GE before my multiple road trips in a few weeks.

Thanks all for the suggestions.
I was unaware of that policy, good trick if you're really close.

Thanks

Search this Thread