Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

New Procedure for Handling Priority Bag Tags?

Old Aug 28, 09, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*

I flew into LHR last week and headed for baggage claim. While I never have a lot of luck with priority tagged bags coming off first, I was hopeful as I had a car outside waiting for me. My bags were near the last to come out. What I noticed was that there were no priority tags on them. Upon closer examination, I could see that someone had neatly cut the yellow priority tag off even with the edge of the baggage tag. I could still see the yellow part of the priority tag left that was still taped inside. Nice procedure, if you don't get it out in time, regroup and make it look like the rest of the bags!
Old Aug 28, 09, 10:33 am

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec
Now that DL GA's have taken over many former NW positions in smaller locations, it is difficult to get them to even put those tags on!

Let alone, the frequently ignored and lack of any kind of 'special' handling.

Daughter went MSP-PEK on WP award tix in biz this week and had to ask them to add the tags. Will have to ask if they were still intact on arrival!
Old Aug 28, 09, 9:45 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
The one reason I loved flying CO out of CLE; all checked bags were tagged, even as a NW Silver, and all tagged bags came out first.

Sometimes the bags would beat me to the carousel from the gate.

Still afraid to check a bag flying out of BWI...
Old Aug 29, 09, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by pokeable View Post
Still afraid to check a bag flying out of BWI...
Finding your way through the maze of lines at BWI to just check a bag is 1/2 of the problem

Search this Thread