Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Admittance NW/DL Boarding Pass Requirement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Admittance NW/DL Boarding Pass Requirement

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2009, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
Sorry, but I think I am confused by this response. This response sounds like all you need to enter the SC is a Delta boarding pass and a government-issued ID. That would mean that any Delta flyer could get in, whether they have a paid SC membership or not. Only if your boarding pass is on another airline, then you show your SC/WC membership card??

No wonder the SC clubs are so crowded.
Delta can find out if you are a member or otherwise entitled to access the lounge by scanning any BP & accessing your SkyMiles record.

At one point years ago they weren't going to scan anything but the bar codes on SM cards (they even work as boarding passes ) but 9/11 and TSA squelched that.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I have a NW Lifetime WC, which I'm told will be converted to a Lifetime SC. We have accessed the CRC at MSY an average of twice a month with that card for years when flying CO or just taking our son to the airport (Gate Pass from CO to get through security).

We fly CO out of MSY and have never been asked for a boarding pass when accessing the Club, nor have we ever been denied admission or hasseled in any way.

While the Club is small, it is clean, and the staff is extremely friendly and pleasant. I have nothing but compliments for the staff and Club.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 12:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
NW has always been club card and photo ID, although I think you could skate by with no card and photo ID so long as you know your Worldperks number. This has been the policy at all former Worldclubs I have visited.

DL lounges I visit ask for a boarding pass. It caused a bit of commotion last time I was in LAX and entered the lounge after disembarking my MSP-LAX flight.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 5:25 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by raehl311
NW has always been club card and photo ID, although I think you could skate by with no card and photo ID so long as you know your Worldperks number. This has been the policy at all former Worldclubs I have visited.

DL lounges I visit ask for a boarding pass. It caused a bit of commotion last time I was in LAX and entered the lounge after disembarking my MSP-LAX flight.
My experience too. However after being harassed about the boarding pass in a JFK SC (former CRC) after disembarking my flight. First they moaned and groaned about my WC card not "swiping" right, then ordered me for the BP, which I did not have in any handy place anymore.

This prompted me to write TTU for clarification regarding the BP requirement. Unfortunately, the response seems to contradict SMI and theZipper's information.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
do SC guests need a DL/NW BP?

If I'm traveling on a DL/NW flight, but bringing in my wife or a friend traveling on another airline, does anyone know if they can still be my guests in the SC? I would be using miles on UA/US for their tickets, but I'd be flying on DL/NW for a shot at an upgrade.

I'm pretty sure I'll need to show my boarding pass, but I didn't know if the agents require that everyone have same-day travel on DL/NW. Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trek87
If I'm traveling on a DL/NW flight, but bringing in my wife or a friend traveling on another airline, does anyone know if they can still be my guests in the SC? I would be using miles on UA/US for their tickets, but I'd be flying on DL/NW for a shot at an upgrade.

I'm pretty sure I'll need to show my boarding pass, but I didn't know if the agents require that everyone have same-day travel on DL/NW. Thanks.
You will have to show all the card stuff but your guests will not have to show anything.

MisterNice
Old Sep 15, 2009, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by worldexpress
Newly minted SC card just arrived in the mail. On the mailing, it is stated that "... you'll need to present a same-day Northwest or Delta boarding pass each time you stop by, along with your club membership card and a government-issued photo ID."

It appears this is a newly "enhanced" admittance policy, as I've never had to show any boarding pass at any WC/CRC. This is bad news for me as I often use SC while flying with other carriers. I might be seeking a refund for the remaining full three years unless I can obtain clarification that states otherwise.

I am hopeful, as the Sky Club House Rules page on the web does state "Members can only use the Club in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel but such travel may be on any airline." It's still more stringent than the previous no-bp-required rule but would be a workable policy.
I doubt it. I have a CO President's Club membership and they don't ask me for a boarding pass.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 7:55 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
What a mess Delta has made of this.

I do not think it is fair at all to Sky Club Members to start requiring same-day Delta boarding passes for admittance if in fact that is what they intend to start doing. For nonmember access that's another story, but that's old news.

P.S. - Shouldn't this thread be moved to the main Delta forum now? It seems to be entirely applicable there.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:34 am
KLC
In Memoriam

I wonder if the mailing package was just out-of-date, as it used to be the rule that you needed same-day Delta travel for admittance.

The current info at delta.com says:

"Members can only use the Club in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel but such travel may be on any airline."

https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ules/index.jsp
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I read this discussion, I tend to focus on the phrase "in conjunction with" a flight. I interpret this as meaning that it's OK to use a SC to wait for a passenger arriving on any airline that day or to wait with a passenger departing on any airline that day. However, the words would seem to eliminate the potential practice of coming to the airport only to drink and eat in a SC, just in case anyone would ever want to do that.

A further question might be the rules when using a reserved (paid) conference room: does someone in the group need to be flying or waiting with/for a passenger, or does conference room reservation and/or payment guarantee admission to the SC for all participants? (I recall someone discussing in a thread several months ago the question of whether day passes would need to be purchased for nonmembers exceeding the permitted numbers of guests.)
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
It's been in conjunction with a same day flight in the past. I've used SkyClubs several times when having been on other *A carriers - living in MSP, the SkyClubs are still pretty convenient if I'm on one of my Star Alliance carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.