Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worldperks frustration

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2009, 7:36 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I have found that the best way to do this is to find the overwater segments first and then find a flight from DEN to whatever gateway works. As many of have said if you just plug in your starting point and ending point and search for 2 adult tickets, the NWA.com engine isnt going to be all that helpful (and this is true of most award engines). Also, while you may prefer only a single stop, that's a lot to ask when (1) you are using miles (2) you are admittedly not in a NW/DL hub and you want to go to a location (OGG) that doesnt have a ton of flights into it. I'm one of the first ones to complain about the state of our former WP program, but you have to realize that if you want absolute certainty, you will need to buy your tickets, and this is pretty much true of all the award programs.

The reality is that SEA-HNL is a pretty easy route to get award seats, between the 2x daily NW flights and the 1x daily AS flight. I have had no problem finding 2 seats on this route every year in January in First- last year as a Thurs-Monday trip and this year as a Mon-Mon trip. My trip this year is to LIH, but I gave up on that direct flight and will just connect in HNL. And because of the way NW.com wont automatically sign me in, I am doing these searches intially without the benefit of elite status.

Your choices are pretty simple, do the (admittedly sometimes time consuming) work to find availability by segment (and accept that you might need a double connection) or fork out the $$$ for the exact routing and date that you want.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 6:35 am

Programs: Marriott PP, UA 1K, DL Plat, AA Life Gold, WN A-List
Originally Posted by troyintn
I agree always call back and get another agent. I do find it ironic though that they want people to use the internet more and then do not make it as easy and robust as possible.
Ironic? Hardly. It is part of the business plan. Limit the access to information via the free vehicle (internet/website) thus steering pax to the services available only via phone or in person, for a fee.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 12:07 pm

Hey now...the phone calls keep me in a job! Thats why we waive fees for Plat and Gold....We actually like it when you call us for help! :-) Regardless of big brothers evil business plan....
Old Aug 31, 2009, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
I travel with a toddler a lot and find that having stops is an advantage rather than a disadvantage. It allows her to run around and get really tired and ready for her next nap around the time of the next flight. We also have stopped over in LAX and SEA on our way to to and from Hawaii for a night each direction and that has really helped as well. Shorter flights= rested parents= happy toddler.

Also, at 18 months I would strongly encourage you to consider getting the toddlers their own seat. Mine didn't like just sitting in Mommy and Daddy's lap at that age- she would much rather run around. However, with a car seat she knew she had to stay in it- so she didn't complain as much. AND it raised her up so she could see out the window and watch the movies.

Hope you find something and have a nice trip. Have you tried expertflyer?
Old Aug 31, 2009, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ResSalesGuy
Hey now...the phone calls keep me in a job! Thats why we waive fees for Plat and Gold....We actually like it when you call us for help! :-) Regardless of big brothers evil business plan....
well then you guys must certainly LOVE me....flying mostly DL flights these days and connecting in ATL (DTW connections are getting harder and harder from where my office is located) ....nuff said

BTW: You folks are GREAT....and you honestly sound disappointed when you must transfer me to DL for assistance because you folks still dont have full system access
Old Aug 31, 2009, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ResSalesGuy
Are you at NWA or DL? Elite line?
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:10 am

Ah, yes. Different offices have different customer service philosophies and strategies. Which office did you originally get?
Old Sep 1, 2009, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Are you at NWA or DL? Elite line?
he's a redtailer...I believe he's in the Iron Range Call Center

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.