Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

nwa.com not showing KE and CZ award correctly

nwa.com not showing KE and CZ award correctly

Old Aug 26, 09, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL Silver
Thumbs down nwa.com not showing KE and CZ award correctly

I just noticed that KE and CZ business award availability totally disappeared from nwa.com. Not a single route on a single day has business class award available.

My first thought was that nwa blocked them (which would be a killer for me), but in fact they can be booked by phone. Is this yet another trick? I have seen enough.
Old Aug 26, 09, 11:06 am

Programs: DL Silver/MM, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
I only checked KE and am getting the same thing. I can get economy seats but no business class. It was not that way a few days ago.

Edited: Now I can't even get KE economy.

Re-edited: KE economy is back for the same dates that said no flights available a few minutes ago. Somebody in programming must be doing something with the online awards.

Last edited by Richard1148; Aug 26, 09 at 11:38 am
Old Aug 26, 09, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, ICH PLAT
Originally Posted by Richard1148 View Post
I only checked KE and am getting the same thing. I can get economy seats but no business class. It was not that way a few days ago.

Re-edited: KE economy is back for the same dates that said no flights available a few minutes ago. Somebody in programming must be doing something with the online awards.
Its not just recently. I've trying looking for partner award flight research and found that using NWA.com for partner flight schedules/availability is next to useless. To book, you need to know the routing and fare rules before calling the elite line...

I'd like to get a lesson how to research award availability on CZ and MU as well.
Old Aug 26, 09, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148 View Post

+1 Similar observations starting about a week ago. Also can't get CZ to show now.
Old Aug 26, 09, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chunky649 View Post
I'd like to get a lesson how to research award availability on CZ and MU as well.
CZ availability can be checked at expertflyer. I don't know any way to check KE or MU except calling.
Old Aug 26, 09, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by blug View Post
I just noticed that KE and CZ business award availability totally disappeared from nwa.com. Not a single route on a single day has business class award available.
Really? Not one of KE's 10 U.S. gateways? Over what date range for outbound travel?
Old Aug 27, 09, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
Really? Not one of KE's 10 U.S. gateways? Over what date range for outbound travel?
1-330 days. Not only KE's US flights, but intra-asia as well.
Old Aug 28, 09, 12:01 pm

I just discovered that you can get KE in business if there is a NW connection also in business. For example, LAX-HKG 3/31/10 - 4/14/10, has KE in business from LAX to NRT and the return has KE in business from NRT to LAX. If, however, you try just R/T LAX-NRT, there are no seats in business for KE.
Old Sep 22, 09, 12:09 pm

My first thought was that nwa blocked them (which would be a killer for me), but in fact they can be booked by phone.
Does anyone know if thIs is still true? Can KE business be booked by phone? I don't want to figure out an itinerary if I can't get business class.
Old Sep 23, 09, 12:59 am

My first thought was that nwa blocked them (which would be a killer for me), but in fact they can be booked by phone. Is this yet another trick? I have seen enough.
I justed got CZ award ticket Hong Kong to Mainland China, its ecomony miles (20,000) book award says "O" class, Business, it O Class business and not ecomony?
Old Sep 23, 09, 4:05 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Interesting... last night doing a rebooking for my g/f on-line and her return from TPE showed TPE-NRT (NW) NRT-LAX (KE) LAX-DCA (AS) avail in Biz, surprised me!
Old Sep 23, 09, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by thezipper View Post
Interesting... last night doing a rebooking for my g/f on-line and her return from TPE showed TPE-NRT (NW) NRT-LAX (KE) LAX-DCA (AS) avail in Biz, surprised me!
Were you able to book it? I've seen some mixed airline awards that include KE show as all biz, but then I get an error message when I try to book it.
Old Sep 23, 09, 7:05 am

Programs: AA MM, UA Silver, SPG Plat75/LT Plat, HH Gld, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by inlandrev View Post
I justed got CZ award ticket Hong Kong to Mainland China, its ecomony miles (20,000) book award says "O" class, Business, it O Class business and not ecomony?
Two things:
  1. If you're looking to book an intra-Asia business class award ticket, move the miles to Delta and have Skymiles book it. Intra-Asia business class award tickets are 40K NWA miles or 30K Delta miles
  2. CZ economy award tickets book into O which is an NWA F fare bucket but a CZ Y fare bucket. Your NWA confirmation will incorrectly show the class of service as First Class. Rest assured that you'll (sadly) be flying in economy. I made a half-hearted effort to get a J seat last month based on my confirmation email and was told I had an economy reservation

-m

Search this Thread