Wiki Posts
Search

Share Miles for AsiaPac Members

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL/Silver, CX/DM, SPG/Plat
Thumbs up Share Miles for AsiaPac Members

I found this in NW's HKG site, however it is for AsiaPac members only.

http://www.nwa.com/asia/en/freqfly/share/index.html

+++++++++++++++++

Share Miles
Now you can share the WorldPerks miles you've earned with family and friends. Share your extra miles and help those close to you earn an award ticket.

More about Share Miles:

The Share Miles program allows a WorldPerks member to sign up to four (4) WorldPerks members into their Share Miles network for a fee
A share miles network is valid for one (1) year from the date it is initiated
Once the fee is paid, the Primary network holder can move miles to and from their Designees' accounts at no additional charge. There is no limit to the number of times that miles can be transferred, or the number of miles that can be transferred during the year
The fee for this program is $200 USD initially, which includes one Designee, and then $100 USD for each additional Designee thereafter
The Primary Account holder along with the Designees' must have a mailing address in Asia associated with their WorldPerks account to be eligible for this program
You must have a valid credit card with a billing address in Asia Pacific. Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, American Express and JCB are all accepted.

Share Miles transactions are non-refundable. Please allow 24 hours for miles to be posted to each recipient's account.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 9:53 am

Programs: I've gone dormant. For now.
Originally Posted by mmaddog
I found this in NW's HKG site, however it is for AsiaPac members only.

http://www.nwa.com/asia/en/freqfly/share/index.html

+++++++++++++++++

Share Miles
Now you can share the WorldPerks miles you've earned with family and friends. Share your extra miles and help those close to you earn an award ticket.

More about Share Miles:

The Share Miles program allows a WorldPerks member to sign up to four (4) WorldPerks members into their Share Miles network for a fee
A share miles network is valid for one (1) year from the date it is initiated
Once the fee is paid, the Primary network holder can move miles to and from their Designees' accounts at no additional charge. There is no limit to the number of times that miles can be transferred, or the number of miles that can be transferred during the year
The fee for this program is $200 USD initially, which includes one Designee, and then $100 USD for each additional Designee thereafter
The Primary Account holder along with the Designees' must have a mailing address in Asia associated with their WorldPerks account to be eligible for this program
You must have a valid credit card with a billing address in Asia Pacific. Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, American Express and JCB are all accepted.

Share Miles transactions are non-refundable. Please allow 24 hours for miles to be posted to each recipient's account.
Has anyone who spends most of their time living in the US, but travels a lot in Asia, and uses a PO Box of similar in Asia so they could b a member there.

I wonder if anyone has done the pros/cons of being a US/Asia WP elite member. mmaddog?
Old Jul 8, 2006, 12:09 pm

The initial fee is $300, is that too much. Peopel transfer mile to top an reward, with that amount of money, you may be able to buy miles to top the reward, why bother to transfer? Keep in mind, that once you have enough miles for a reward, any name can appear in that reward.

A lot of Asian company offer family plan for free!
Old Jul 8, 2006, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
This is very exciting, but the price is just terrible. I can see paying $50usd for a single mailing address (or people of the same last name), but $200usd, plus more per person?!?! I'd happily pay $50usd to have all accounts at the same mailing address be able to be pooled... we defintely have a free ticket, between the residents at our address... and the use of SuperSize, the promotions, etc. Toss in family within walking distance, and we're talking another few free tickets a year.

I'd really like to see all airlines start a "friends and family" sharing plan. This would probably be the #1 enhancement I see coming in the next year or two.

Steve B.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
BA does for up to six people living at the same address.. For free.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL/Silver, CX/DM, SPG/Plat
Originally Posted by NWA_5479
Has anyone who spends most of their time living in the US, but travels a lot in Asia, and uses a PO Box of similar in Asia so they could b a member there.

I wonder if anyone has done the pros/cons of being a US/Asia WP elite member. mmaddog?
Tom,

If you are an AP Gold/Plat elite, you can have free access to all WorldClub. The down size is you can join any North America specific promotions, but you will be able to join those AP promotions. Other than that, everything remains the same.

Mmaddog
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:22 pm

Do addresses in New Zealand qualify?
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by stewart24
Do addresses in New Zealand qualify?
The WorldPerks program was discontinued when NW was merged into DL, so the answer is no, since no one qualifies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.