FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   DBQ cut (again) effective 8/31/09 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/970053-dbq-cut-again-effective-8-31-09-a.html)

DTWflyer Jun 29, 2009 9:21 pm

DBQ cut (again) effective 8/31/09

DL is dropping service from DBQ (Dubuque, Iowa) effective 8/31/09.

Currently served by 2x daily MSP-DBQ on the Saab.

Add this to the post-merger list including LBE, YKF, and now DBQ to small markets dropped following the takeover by DL.

DBQ was cut back in 2002 and added back in the 2007-ish timeperiod. AA's ORD-DBQ service on ERJ's ultimately was more attractive.

NWstu Jun 29, 2009 10:13 pm

Great. Back to one-way rentals and schlepping 90 minutes to MLI, CID or ALO or migrating to AA.

drsan Jun 30, 2009 6:42 am

Originally Posted by NWstu (Post 11989527)
Great. Back to one-way rentals and schlepping 90 minutes to MLI, CID or ALO or migrating to AA.

NWstu, I'd do the latter. DL has categorically told you that they are not interested in your business. Why give it to them, driving 90 miles to do so?

Hold your nose and move to AA. AA is a horrible airline, but they are less horrible than DL for us midwesterners.

NWstu Jun 30, 2009 6:48 am

Originally Posted by drsan (Post 11990590)
NWstu, I'd do the latter. DL has categorically told you that they are not interested in your business. Why give it to them, driving 90 miles to do so?

Hold your nose and move to AA. AA is a horrible airline, but they are less horrible than DL for us midwesterners.

95% of my travel is to Japan, Korea, China, SE Asia and ANZ, so I probably could make EXP before the end of the year on AA, JL, CX and QF. I need a status match or challenge from AA to Platinum.

DTWflyer Jun 30, 2009 7:25 am

Obviously unless you live in JFK or ATL, DL doesn't care about your business.

TransWorldOne Jun 30, 2009 12:57 pm

This is terrible-- DBQ is one of my most frequent destinations.

drsan Jul 1, 2009 7:20 am

Originally Posted by NWstu (Post 11990611)
95% of my travel is to Japan, Korea, China, SE Asia and ANZ, so I probably could make EXP before the end of the year on AA, JL, CX and QF. I need a status match or challenge from AA to Platinum.

Ask them. I know CO matched me, less than 24 hours after I sent in my request. I bet AA would do the same for you. There are other threads here on FT on this subject.

elitetraveler Jul 1, 2009 7:28 am

Originally Posted by NWstu (Post 11990611)

AA has what they call a "challenge." You pay to challenge for Gold or Platinum, then have to fly a specific amount and specific fares over a relatively short period, and you get the status. There are details in the Wiki in the AA forum.