Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

"Northwest Airlines is not part of Delta Air Lines"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM

So at the bottom of one of my email letters from Delta customer service is this:

So true it seems to be....
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
So true it seems to be....
We can only wish...
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:14 am

Most likely an unfortunate typo ("not" -> "now").

Freudian slip?
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:50 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;

Oh, wouldn't that be nice!

I'm trying to think of something nice to say about DL, am coming up empty handed...
Old Jun 23, 2009, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by bostonbali
Oh, wouldn't that be nice!

I'm trying to think of something nice to say about DL, am coming up empty handed...
I like coke more than pepsi. That's my positive thing...
Old Jun 23, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by humanoid94
Something different for a change, coming up with stuff we find positive about DL, well ... it makes for some entertaining posts from certain of our current and/or displaced NW FT brethren (never sure where they stand ).

Seriously, DL, also now employs, NW folks who will always be (even if I am not flying DL-NW as I did once) some of the very best in the industry, from Chisolm, to the Skyclubs (F/K/A WCs), to some of my friends in NW IT^. At very least, they are employed and bringing the NW spirit to DL!

A big shout out to all you!

Safe Travels Red Tail Riders
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I've always found it ironic that the airline with the red tail served Pepsi (usually associated with the color blue) and the airline with the bluish tail served coke (usually associated with the color red..)

I could have died a happy man with Coke on the Redtail...
Old Jun 23, 2009, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA MM Gold, UA, DL, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

The Biscoffs are good too!
Old Jun 23, 2009, 2:15 pm

Programs: NWA Tears
Originally Posted by james318
Coke (usually associated with the color red..)
I once did a show for Coke that included a big sign of their logo that lit up in a chase (like it was being written). They sent me 2 2" three ring binders that described the logo and it's use. I said I'd get them a quote by the end of the week, but they didn't need one (their PR budget was that big). When the color wasn't exactly 'coke red' they paid to have GE do a special run (and flew 2 people to the factory to approve it) of lamps. The whole thing was a rather surreal experience.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by WolfManDoug
The Biscoffs are good too!
Don't forget the Woodford Reserve bourbon, for those who partake.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 2:59 pm

Unfortunately for me, I like Pepsi products better. Oh well. My positive thing is Woodford Reserve.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 3:20 pm

I've always found it ironic that the airline with the red tail served Pepsi (usually associated with the color blue) and the airline with the bluish tail served coke (usually associated with the color red..)
PepsiAmericas, Inc. -- the 2nd largest Pepsi bottler in the world -- is based in Minneapolis, where NW was headquartered. I think the ties are pretty obvious, at least as obvious as the Delta ties to Coke.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 4:36 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Don't forget the larger pillows and blankets in WBC, they are due to Delta.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 4:41 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.131 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
PepsiAmericas, Inc. -- the 2nd largest Pepsi bottler in the world -- is based in Minneapolis, where NW was headquartered. I think the ties are pretty obvious, at least as obvious as the Delta ties to Coke.
I had a FA tell me they hadn't decided on Coke vs. Pepsi since Pepsi is based in NY, where Delta is trying to expand significantly.

Obviously this was prior to the recent announcement about Coke implementation fleet wide. (No surprise to me)
Old Jun 23, 2009, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by BTA
I had a FA tell me they hadn't decided on Coke vs. Pepsi since Pepsi is based in NY, where Delta is trying to expand significantly.
PepsiCo headquarters is in NY. But PepsiAmericas is a very large company in the Upper Midwest and based in MSP. I think it's more than a coincidence that an airline based in MSP would serve beverages from a very large bottling company based in the same town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.