Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does this make sense? DTW-FLL

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2009, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat (lifetime)
Does this make sense? DTW-FLL

I am flying into DTW on June 7th, arriving at 7:30 am. As long as I will already be at the airport, I thought I try a one day run for max miles. I am considering DTW-FLL-MSP-DTW in F for $629. This will net me a little more than 9400 EQM and still get me back to DTW at a reasonable hour. I know this is not the cheapest MR but I am factoring in my time and the fact I have little free time between now and the end of the double/triple promo. Any suggestions for an alternate agenda? Thanks.

to clarify, the credit is for a ticket of $600 or more. If I book a cheaper ticket I lose the balance.

Last edited by mmargel; May 23, 2009 at 10:56 pm Reason: more info
Old May 24, 2009, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DTW-SLC-OAK-SLC-LAX-DTW is currently $676 in M class on June 7. Yields 15,000+ EQM's. LAX-DTW is a red-eye flight though. Other options include DTW-LGB ($644) and DTW-ONT ($680).
Old May 24, 2009, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by mmargel
I am flying into DTW on June 7th, arriving at 7:30 am. As long as I will already be at the airport, I thought I try a one day run for max miles. I am considering DTW-FLL-MSP-DTW in F for $629. This will net me a little more than 9400 EQM and still get me back to DTW at a reasonable hour. I know this is not the cheapest MR but I am factoring in my time and the fact I have little free time between now and the end of the double/triple promo. Any suggestions for an alternate agenda? Thanks.

to clarify, the credit is for a ticket of $600 or more. If I book a cheaper ticket I lose the balance.
$629 for 9400 EQM is $0.067/EQM. I wouldn't do it unless you could get it down to $0.04/EQM (and preferably lower!).
Old May 24, 2009, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat (lifetime)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Thanks for the suggestions. Wish I had asked earlier in the program....
Old May 25, 2009, 6:42 am

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by LBJ
DTW-SLC-OAK-SLC-LAX-DTW is currently $676 in M class on June 7. Yields 15,000+ EQM's. LAX-DTW is a red-eye flight though. Other options include DTW-LGB ($644) and DTW-ONT ($680).
How do you find things like this? That is pretty clever. Is there a website out there to help?
Old May 25, 2009, 4:56 pm

Programs: Former DL PM, current level: tin
Originally Posted by s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1
How do you find things like this? That is pretty clever. Is there a website out there to help?
Yes, www.flyertalk.com

If you want to learn more about the crazy art of mileage running check a bit up in the forums under mileage run deals and discussions.

Some recommended sites include ITA (this is the search backbone used by Orbitz I believe) which allow for very specific routing queries, greatcirclemapper which gives you accurate distances between city pairs and expertflyer or KVS which are both tools for finding detailed fare information (and more) allowing you to exploit routing rules in certain fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.