Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Best use of 106K for trip from US to Vietnam? Need Input!!!

Old May 5, 09, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum

Greetings,

I have 106K Worldperks miles and would like to know how to maximize those miles for a free trip from Dallas, TX to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
So far I am able to get free round trip for 90K by flying Korea Air to VN (30K), and NW from VN back to US (60K). Both in the cattle class....

Date: 08/01/09 return on 08/23/09

I want to know if any possible way to get Business class or upgrades without paying $3000 and 60K miles as that's what I am getting so far...

Also, with the current 100% transfer bonus. If I can transfer 15K to a friend account, she'll get total 30K, then she can transfer the 30K to me, I then will get 60K total, am I right? Wheat are the chances that I will get caught doing this transfer thing?

Any input greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by vu0219; May 5, 09 at 1:37 am
Old May 5, 09, 7:08 am

Programs: DL Plat, IC Plat RA, Hertz 5*
you're right about the xfer, and don't worry about getting "caught". There are a ton of people doing just that, and it is not against the TOC's.
Old May 5, 09, 7:24 am

Programs: DL Platinum
Well, the 60k return leg on NW is Perkpass in coach. So, if you look very carefully, you might be able to find something in WBC for 60k on the return in Perksaver. That would put you up front one direction. But, to do it round trip, you will need at least 120k. Certainly transfering the miles will get you there if you want to. But, then you need to look carefully for Perksaver again. And remember, if you can't find it online, call them and ask for help. The phone agents can usually find a lot more by checking double and triple connections, if you don't mind connecting 2 or 3 or even 4 times to get there.
Old May 5, 09, 7:36 am

Programs: DL Plat, IC Plat RA, Hertz 5*
It's also worth looking at booking through DL. I've found the availablity and choices can be significantly different. They also have fewer restrictions on the mileage transfer numbers, although there is a $30 fee (compared to $25).
Old May 5, 09, 11:19 am

I would call - make sure you ask about availability on Korean Airlines, China Airlines, and Malaysian Airlines. Korean availability might be online - China and Malaysian will not be.
Old May 5, 09, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
travelindave, Thank you. I'll do that. That will put me in ~160K. Delta website does not has any flights from US to VN.

s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1, I've look in the Perksaver, no 60K option in WBC, only 120K . I will give the agent a call.

RoberH, I'll do that.

Thank you. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 5, 09, 11:29 am

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
and China Eastern, China Southern too. Beside you should get a free stop-over or two(2). calling is the best option.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: