Wiki Posts
Search

Last minute upgrade sucks :)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2009, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Last minute upgrade sucks :)

So I'm om NW360 leaving soon to MSP. 20 minutes from boarding, I checked the upgrade list on nwa.com and it said I'm 1 out of 7 but first class is full. So I went to get some quick food since I thought I'd be starving in coach. By the time I got back to the gate, there was a boarding pass with 1D waiting for me. My nwa.com reservation still says I'm in Y even with a 1D seat. Weird. But I'm more annoyed that can't eat from the new 1st class lunch menu since I'm full.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by hw711
So I'm om NW360 leaving soon to MSP. 20 minutes from boarding, I checked the upgrade list on nwa.com and it said I'm 1 out of 7 but first class is full. So I went to get some quick food since I thought I'd be starving in coach. By the time I got back to the gate, there was a boarding pass with 1D waiting for me. My nwa.com reservation still says I'm in Y even with a 1D seat. Weird. But I'm more annoyed that can't eat from the new 1st class lunch menu since I'm full.
PARS is advanced when compared to other airlines systems...depending on what exactly you viewed you might have seen the "ticketed" cabin versus the "flown/seated" cabin (ie when you look at your statement you see "flown/ticketed" as a column and it'll show "R/Q" or something like that....the best way to avoid this is to actually view the "seat" selection
Old Apr 25, 2009, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
gate upgrades often show Y and an F seat ...
Don't we all prefer EUA, but better a battlefield UG than no UG at all!
Old Apr 25, 2009, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
You could've declined the upgrade and been placed in the back of Y, if that works for you...
Old Apr 26, 2009, 9:00 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
I'm trying to feel sorry for you. Trying...but it isn't working.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Phil2016
I'm trying to feel sorry for you. Trying...but it isn't working.
+1

(Sounds of violins & harps in the background)
Old Apr 26, 2009, 9:57 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
You're always free to decline the upgrade. ;-)

I very often cancel flights only minutes before departure. If I had been upgraded, this would then have opened up a First class seat. Some passenger on your flight may have done this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.