FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Last minute upgrade sucks :) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/947294-last-minute-upgrade-sucks.html)

hw711 Apr 25, 2009 1:26 pm

Last minute upgrade sucks :)

So I'm om NW360 leaving soon to MSP. 20 minutes from boarding, I checked the upgrade list on nwa.com and it said I'm 1 out of 7 but first class is full. So I went to get some quick food since I thought I'd be starving in coach. By the time I got back to the gate, there was a boarding pass with 1D waiting for me. My nwa.com reservation still says I'm in Y even with a 1D seat. Weird. But I'm more annoyed that can't eat from the new 1st class lunch menu since I'm full. :)

socrates Apr 25, 2009 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by hw711 (Post 11643126)
So I'm om NW360 leaving soon to MSP. 20 minutes from boarding, I checked the upgrade list on nwa.com and it said I'm 1 out of 7 but first class is full. So I went to get some quick food since I thought I'd be starving in coach. By the time I got back to the gate, there was a boarding pass with 1D waiting for me. My nwa.com reservation still says I'm in Y even with a 1D seat. Weird. But I'm more annoyed that can't eat from the new 1st class lunch menu since I'm full. :)

PARS is advanced when compared to other airlines systems...depending on what exactly you viewed you might have seen the "ticketed" cabin versus the "flown/seated" cabin (ie when you look at your statement you see "flown/ticketed" as a column and it'll show "R/Q" or something like that....the best way to avoid this is to actually view the "seat" selection

cfischer Apr 25, 2009 2:14 pm

gate upgrades often show Y and an F seat ...
Don't we all prefer EUA, but better a battlefield UG than no UG at all!

slippahs Apr 25, 2009 5:39 pm

You could've declined the upgrade and been placed in the back of Y, if that works for you... :)

Phil2016 Apr 26, 2009 9:00 am

I'm trying to feel sorry for you. Trying...but it isn't working. :D

MikeMpls Apr 26, 2009 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Phil2016 (Post 11646319)
I'm trying to feel sorry for you. Trying...but it isn't working. :D

+1

(Sounds of violins & harps in the background)

USFlyerUS Apr 26, 2009 9:57 am

You're always free to decline the upgrade. ;-)

I very often cancel flights only minutes before departure. If I had been upgraded, this would then have opened up a First class seat. Some passenger on your flight may have done this.