Wiki Posts
Search

HKG KE lounge for WC members?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2009, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW, UA
HKG KE lounge for WC members?

According to the Sky Club location info page, WC (ok.. Sky Club) members have access to the KE club at HKG which is heck a lot better than the previous WC arrangement. Has anyone successfully gained entrance without having to painfully educate the lounge personnel on the "WC+CRC=SC" equation?
Old Apr 17, 2009, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
From my understanding, as long as you have ur Sky Club membership card(WC or CRC), you can use the KE lounge in HKG.

I will transit through HKG next month on KA/CX ticket, will let everyone know how that turns out with my WC card.

Does anyone know if I can access the KE lounge when I am not flying Sky-team? I remember the AF lounge access require same day sky-team tickets.

Thx.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL (suckered me into) Diamond, ICH Plat RA, SPG Plat
The KE lounge is no upgrade compared to the *A lounge that currently serves NWA Plat and biz class passengers. KE is small, dark (no windows), and in an inconvenient location.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by boxweaver
The KE lounge is no upgrade compared to the *A lounge that currently serves NWA Plat and biz class passengers. KE is small, dark (no windows), and in an inconvenient location.
The Hong Kong Lounge (that is the name) is actually not bad. Not a real lounge like NRT or DTW bit good salmon sandwiches and right on the other side of security.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
A few years ago, NW used the BA lounge and it was excellent. They use a *A lounge now?? UA and TG are actually decent......
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kyushuman
A few years ago, NW used the BA lounge and it was excellent. They use a *A lounge now?? UA and TG are actually decent......
They were using a contracted lounge as of 2 months ago (last time I had time to stop that early in the am). I think BA was also in that lounge but I am not sure.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:45 am
Original Poster

DENIED!

Originally Posted by worldexpress
According to the Sky Club location info page, WC (ok.. Sky Club) members have access to the KE club at HKG which is heck a lot better than the previous WC arrangement. Has anyone successfully gained entrance without having to painfully educate the lounge personnel on the "WC+CRC=SC" equation?
My fear did manifested to be true. I was denied entry based on Sky Club membership. The KE personnel acted like she's never seen a WC card. She also said that there is a WC at HKG and I should go there. WRONG! Despite whatever info published on websites, partner lounge entrance tries are basically crap shoots.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My fear did manifested to be true. I was denied entry based on Sky Club membership. The KE personnel acted like she's never seen a WC card. She also said that there is a WC at HKG and I should go there. WRONG! Despite whatever info published on websites, partner lounge entrance tries are basically crap shoots.
I have never been denied entry to the Hong Kong Lounge (NOT the KE lounge). I will be there in a week and will report back.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
Were you traveling on Sky-team tickets?
Old Apr 24, 2009, 12:32 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
I have a bunch of flights in July and I was looking at the 30-day pass (US$90). The NW WC terms I looked at said the 30-day pass was as good as the annual membership (which on my itinerary would give me 6 admittances plus 2 guest opportunities). However, after the merger, the DL SC 30-day pass terms now say it's only good for DL/NW/CO which means it's not good for KE lounges in ICN or HKG (which means I would have only 4 admittances and 1 guest opportunity). It's probably still worth my $90.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
The "Hong Kong Lounge" is supposedly co-run by Qantas and BA. But it definitely felt more QF than BA. An Aussie lady at the desk, Australian newspaper in the morning, the computer terminals for users show QF's front webpage, it's close to the QF gates...

My only (small) complaint is that there's no Chinese breakfast items .

Yes, I got in with a short-term WC membership. But that was last August.

Old Apr 24, 2009, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 350zrx330
Were you traveling on Sky-team tickets?
no.. was departing on an EK flight. if you read the OP.. the key was trying to gain access through my WC membership.

i couldn't guest my colleagues at the EK. (they were on a different carrier as well).

i fired off an email right away to NW via Customer First and haven't heard back; that was 3 days ago. Couldn't find a way to directly communicate with Sky Club anywhere.

All this happened same day (ok.. next day since the flight arrived +1 day)after renewing for another 3 yrs.

DELTA.. YOU SUCK! ahh that feels better, albeit not much.

Last edited by worldexpress; Apr 24, 2009 at 4:04 am
Old Oct 10, 2009, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
error ... sorry

Last edited by Xeno; Oct 10, 2009 at 4:27 pm
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
My wife used the KE lounge in HKG this summer -- she was traveling on KE in J -- but described it as a "dreary affair". I don't think you're missing much by not getting access.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:24 am

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Originally Posted by Stripe
My wife used the KE lounge in HKG this summer -- she was traveling on KE in J -- but described it as a "dreary affair". I don't think you're missing much by not getting access.
I was in HKG lounge a couple of months ago and I'm not really sure which one it was.. It was small, and nothing exciting, but better than sitting outside. They also had some pretty good breakfast danishes if I remember correctly.

I usually ask when I check in if I'll have any problem getting into the lounge. When I checked in at the In-town check in service at Kowloon the woman gave me a pass "just in case I had any problems getting in" since I was going part of the way on Korean Air to Seoul and the rest of the way to Atlanta on Delta. I had no problem getting in there at the Hong Kong lounge.. Now getting into the Korean Air club in Seoul really did some talking, but the food was well worth it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.