Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2x EQM glitch?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2009, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
2x EQM glitch?

My other half who is a NW GOLD flew SEA-DTW-BWI on 3/23 on the red eye to DTW from SEA.

The SEA-DTW mileage is 1927
The DTW-BWI mileage is 500

It also shows 2427 miles in the EQM column and "Double Elite Qualification Bonus" as the description.

If I'm correct, this is an error.
E-Ticket Issue Date: January 26, 2009
The ticket was booked in K and these segments were flown in R

Base Fare: USD82.78 Tax:28.00
Tax:6.22 Tax:18.00

E-Ticket Total: USD135.00

My thoughts are that this should not qualified for the promo A) because it was booked way before the promo started and B) because you are supposed to only get actual EQMs for a K fare. Any thoughts? Has anyone else had K fare flights from monday post like this? I'm not complaining, I am just worried they'll take them away...
Old Mar 26, 2009, 4:09 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by jacksafar
My other half who is a NW GOLD flew SEA-DTW-BWI on 3/23 on the red eye to DTW from SEA.

The SEA-DTW mileage is 1927
The DTW-BWI mileage is 500

It also shows 2427 miles in the EQM column and "Double Elite Qualification Bonus" as the description.

If I'm correct, this is an error.
E-Ticket Issue Date: January 26, 2009
The ticket was booked in K and these segments were flown in R

Base Fare: USD82.78 Tax:28.00
Tax:6.22 Tax:18.00

E-Ticket Total: USD135.00

My thoughts are that this should not qualified for the promo A) because it was booked way before the promo started and B) because you are supposed to only get actual EQMs for a K fare. Any thoughts? Has anyone else had K fare flights from monday post like this? I'm not complaining, I am just worried they'll take them away...
How many miles do you think you should be getting?
Old Mar 26, 2009, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by secretsea18
How many miles do you think you should be getting?
well, 2427 total which is 1927+500.

There was 1927 awarded EQM for SEA-DTW
and there were 500 EQM awarded for DTW-BWI
Then on a separate line, there was 2427 awarded for a double EQM bonus, on a K fare..<shrugs>
Old Mar 26, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Accept this as a wonderful parting gift from WorldPerks and quiety walk away....
Old Mar 26, 2009, 5:23 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
This is the 3rd report of this I've seen, which suggests that the NW IT systems are about as good as they've been for past promos, and are going to award 2x/3x EQMs on (some/all) tickets booked prior to the annoucement date.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Maybe enjoy the "mistake" with the extra 2427 EQM and not list it here? NW monitors the boards and will be spending time to fix this, I'd imagine.

I'm flying tomorrow, TransPac no less. Would be awesome if they "accidentally" doubled my EQM.

-RM
Old Mar 26, 2009, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stephem
This is the 3rd report of this I've seen, which suggests that the NW IT systems are about as good as they've been for past promos, and are going to award 2x/3x EQMs on (some/all) tickets booked prior to the annoucement date.
I'm flying SEA-MSP-MIA-MSP-SEA in a few weeks, it hope I get the same luck!
Old Mar 26, 2009, 6:04 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I got extra points in the last Mountain of Miles promotion on a ticket that was purchased before the start of the promotion. Also received points for flights that were rebooked from award ticket to full fare after VDB. Not complaining.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:08 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Accept this as a wonderful parting gift from WorldPerks and quiety walk away....
I've had a lot of parting gifts from NW in the past weeks. I'm not complaining though
Old Mar 26, 2009, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by GVA
I've had a lot of parting gifts from NW in the past weeks.
Since DL took over it's felt more like parting shots.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL PM
Hopefully my upcoming V fare to FCO will be incorrectly awarded extra EQMs, I'd have silver wrapped up in the 1 trip from SAN.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:16 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by GVA
I've had a lot of parting gifts from NW in the past weeks. I'm not complaining though
Nor should you. I say sweep it under the rug and appreciate the last few perks that we may ever see.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 5:28 am

Amazed at fare

Never mind about the miles bonus snafu, I'm amazed at a cross country fare on NW for $135.00!!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 5:46 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Goody! I fly about 10K miles over the next 10 days for tickets booked a while ago.

***rubbing hands in glee***
Old Mar 27, 2009, 5:47 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Originally Posted by PetoskeyFlyer
Never mind about the miles bonus snafu, I'm amazed at a cross country fare on NW for $135.00!!
REALLY? What's the routing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.