From the OP:
SEA-DTW-BWI

Base Fare: USD82.78 Tax:28.00
Tax:6.22 Tax:18.00

E-Ticket Total: USD135.00

Must be nice flying so cheap and getting 2x miles
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
The ticket was actually purchased as SEA-DTW-BWI-DTW-ATL-SEA (with the last two segments DTW-ATL and ATL-SEA on DL metal), this was to maximize miles in the first place.

It got even better on the return yesterday. My other half flew the BWI-DTW, and then the DTW-ATL was waaay oversold. So gave the seat up, got a $200 voucher and was placed on the DTW-SEA in "Y". Got home 4 hours earlier, and hopefully will get the 50% class bonus for that one. Seems pretty fortuitous to me.

The fare we found in the mileage run forum. It was a SEA-BWI "K" fare that NW has had for a while. I flew the same type of fare last year between SEA and JAX for some miles.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KtownTraveler
Since DL took over it's felt more like parting shots.
Yeah it is. NWA has been great, these perks, the PU program, and much more. The "welcome to the DL family" has come with a hand in my back pocket...

Originally Posted by PetoskeyFlyer
Never mind about the miles bonus snafu, I'm amazed at a cross country fare on NW for $135.00!!
Not bad. My best MR was 12K EQM for $375...
Old Mar 27, 2009, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
There have been NWA promotions in the past that say credit will only be given for flights purchased after announcement of the promotion, but I've gotten credit for previously purchased flights [I can't name which one(s) because they all sound alike - - mountains of safaris or something].

I can see how it would be advantageous for Skyteam to generate a new raft of revenue by insisting that the bonuses go to new bookings only - - but it also seems like a screw to the eternally faithful. Giving credit to everybody, no matter when booked, somehow makes it fair and amenable.

The best thing may be to announce that the promtion only works for new bookings - - but then actually give it to everybody. And the fact is, for me, that if I wind up getting the "glitch" double-EQMs for my next (already booked) trans-Atlantic, I will wind up booking a couple more itineraries to get me to Plat for next year - - trips I don't actually need (MR's). If I DON'T get double-EQM's for that booking, I will settle for Gold for next year and stick with what I have.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone else got or didn't get 2XEQM on LTK fares? If that's a real glitch, I'm going to book a few more trips since I only got 3 so far in the next 3 months and lots of weekends open.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 1:03 pm

I didnt get double miles on my recent NW/DL flights, booked in DL T class. Nor did I get an upgrade on DL. Im still at 0% for DL upgrades...
Old Mar 30, 2009, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by hw711
Anyone else got or didn't get 2XEQM on LTK fares? If that's a real glitch, I'm going to book a few more trips since I only got 3 so far in the next 3 months and lots of weekends open.
Took some flights this weekend, no DEQM for me either on my K fare.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 1:50 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by SirJman
I didnt get double miles on my recent NW/DL flights, booked in DL T class. Nor did I get an upgrade on DL. Im still at 0% for DL upgrades...
I'm at 100% this year on DL. All of them cleared 5 days out.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
My Transpac NW-operated flight in K class did not have any extra EQM attached to it.

-RM
Old Mar 31, 2009, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I had an interesting glitch in the system happen to me. I am NW PE and purchased a M class ticket on DL metal on 3/17. I received my base EQM + the 50% class of service bonus. I also had a DEQM posting for a total of 2x the base * 50%.

First off, I got DEQM credit for a flight ticketed before 3/23.

BUT, I only seem to have gotten DEQM when an M fare should be TEQM based on the charts on NWA.com.

I won't be calling as I am happy for the DEQM considering it was ticketed before 3/23. I plan on taking the present, and fading off into the distance, but I found it interesting.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I had an interesting glitch in the system happen to me. I am NW PE and purchased a M class ticket on DL metal on 3/17. I received my base EQM + the 50% class of service bonus. I also had a DEQM posting for a total of 2x the base * 50%.

First off, I got DEQM credit for a flight ticketed before 3/23.

BUT, I only seem to have gotten DEQM when an M fare should be TEQM based on the charts on NWA.com.

I won't be calling as I am happy for the DEQM considering it was ticketed before 3/23. I plan on taking the present, and fading off into the distance, but I found it interesting.

Its like Christmas in March, I like it!
Old May 31, 2009, 3:26 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Just flew MCO-FCO. I was rerouted on a CO flight due to delays. I noticed that I was awarded a 50% Y class bonus. Was this a glitch or was it because NW sent me to CO a paid for a Y class. On my return FCO to AMS the flight was over sold I was bump into first class and also got a bonus for this as well. Why is this happening?
Old May 31, 2009, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
Originally Posted by nwa330
Just flew MCO-FCO. I was rerouted on a CO flight due to delays. I noticed that I was awarded a 50% Y class bonus. Was this a glitch or was it because NW sent me to CO a paid for a Y class. On my return FCO to AMS the flight was over sold I was bump into first class and also got a bonus for this as well. Why is this happening?
And you still want to leave Northwest after they are giving you all these extra miles.
Old May 31, 2009, 7:33 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Yes! Whats the point if you can't redeem them? they devalued the program by diluting the miles. If they want to give double miles forever then I could maybe consider it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.