Coach Choice

Old Mar 5, 2009, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: NWA - Platinum
Coach Choice

I am leaving for Asia this weekend. I was able to use the PE upgrade certs for my departing flight but not my return. My return schedule looks like this:

March 20
NW 26 PVG-NRT 9:20 AM 29-J
NW 20 NRT-MSP 3:15 PM 21-J
NW 3293 MSP-LSE 2:15 PM 8-C

What is going to be the best time to try to switch my seat to 35 H or J for my NRT-MSP leg? I have never been successful at getting these coach choice seats.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM, DL MM
I tried to select a Coach Choice seat today on a flight from NRT to MSP (NW20) in June. I wanted to select 35 B/C but those seats were already taken, so I tried to select 35H/J, which were coach choice. In the past, I have been able to select coach choice seats when making my seat selection, but when I called customer service today, they said that one can only do it 24 hours in advance, but that elite members don't have to pay. Does anyone out there know if that is accurate? Are 35 B/C on that flight not Coach Choice seats, then? Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Originally Posted by PeggyJM
I tried to select a Coach Choice seat today on a flight from NRT to MSP (NW20) in June. I wanted to select 35 B/C but those seats were already taken, so I tried to select 35H/J, which were coach choice. In the past, I have been able to select coach choice seats when making my seat selection, but when I called customer service today, they said that one can only do it 24 hours in advance, but that elite members don't have to pay. Does anyone out there know if that is accurate? Are 35 B/C on that flight not Coach Choice seats, then? Thanks!
Seats 35B/C on a 747 are not Coach Choice but 35 H/J are. What you were told is correct; you can choose them if they're still available, without fee, 24 hours before departure (or if you are on an earlier connecting flight, perhaps 24 hours before that first flight departs, not sure). In my experience, Coach Choice seats have never been available at booking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.