Search

selectee from UG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2009, 7:14 am
ffj
Original Poster

Programs: AA, ExPlat, DL Sil, UAL Sil, Hilt Dia, Marr Plat
selectee from UG

My wife (NW Silver) and I (NW Plat) were upgraded on a NW ticket (012....)for a Delta flight. The reservation then got cancelled during the upgrade process and had to be reinstated by DL. This then made us selectees. DL acknowledged the problem but would not override the selectee status. Anyone else had this happen to them?
Old Feb 8, 2009, 7:49 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ffj
My wife (NW Silver) and I (NW Plat) were upgraded on a NW ticket (012....)for a Delta flight. The reservation then got cancelled during the upgrade process and had to be reinstated by DL. This then made us selectees. DL acknowledged the problem but would not override the selectee status. Anyone else had this happen to them?
I had something similar, where I got the SSSS due to some change for a DL flight, but they wouldn't override the SSSS, saying that "TSA does that randomly, we can't change that". Right. On other airlines where this happens NW, UA, etc, I always just enter my FF number, and it goes away..

Ain't Delta great?
Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:57 am

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
That seemed a big bug last fall when the upgrades started... I was getting SSS'd every single time. This merger has really sucked.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 1:05 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I recently had a ticket - PIT/DTW/BNA - NW and BNA/CVG/PIT - DL - bought together on NWA.com as 1 round trip cheap K class ticket. Outbound - NO prob! Return trip - - SSSS. No rerouting - nothing unusual - no upgrade due to both segments being on CRJ's - all coach. I will say that the BNA staff (2 TSA guyz) who checked me were VERY - VERY professional! I even told them so!!!
Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Manoa Chris
That seemed a big bug last fall when the upgrades started... I was getting SSS'd every single time. This merger has really sucked.
That's me currently on DL...every eua results in SSSS and I'm on the TSA registered trav program too (TSA tells me the airline CAN override the SSSS but they also tell me in March they (TSA) take over selecting the SSSS folks and at that point the airlines CAN'T override it but they expect it to result in only a few people being selected SSSS)
Old Feb 9, 2009, 7:47 pm

Programs: NW Gold; HH Silver
I'm an NW gold, but of the 6 times I flew on DL last year, 5 of them I was flagged as SSSS.

1) Purchased a DL Shuttle one way ticket 4 hours before flight, so I assumed I had a pretty good shot of being flagged SSSS on this one.

2) CO flight was cancled, was rebooked on DL, when I checked in at DL I was flagged SSSS, I guess DL viewed that as if I had purchased the ticket the same day -- but I've been rebooked on other airlines for canceled flights, and never been flagged SSSS.

3 & 4) Purchased an open jaw ticket, 3 weeks in advance, flight was canceled and rebooked on DL day of departured, but I honestly have no idea why I would have been flagged as SSSS, was flaged on both segments of the trip

4) Originally booked a rountrip ticket around thanksgiving via NW, I changed the ticket 2 weeks prior to depatrutre to a multi-stop as I added a bussiness trip on after the holiday, the 2nd segment of the ticket was DL and I was flagged SSSS on that segement only. The other two segments were on NW, and I had no problems.

Needless to say, I'm a little hesitant to fly DL... I have my first DL exclusive trip coming up in a few weeks, we'll see what happens.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 8:52 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I've had some SSSS flagging on DL flights as well and the last time I asked the DL agent at FLL about removing it. He was adamant about not doing it and when I mentioned that my friends at NW did in cases like this he responded "Well they won't do it in the future!" Oh how I look forward to the change!
Old Feb 10, 2009, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by mot29
I've had some SSSS flagging on DL flights as well and the last time I asked the DL agent at FLL about removing it. He was adamant about not doing it and when I mentioned that my friends at NW did in cases like this he responded "Well they won't do it in the future!" Oh how I look forward to the change!
Swell, I just tried to check in for an early morning flight and cannot. I think I too have the SSSS flagging. That certainly makes you want to avoid Delta if you can, and I have tried to do so, but it is not always possible. Now I'll have to get up even earlier to allow for this crap at the airport in the morning.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 1:08 am
GG

Oh, it's not just me?

I've has SSSS on 2 of 2 (NW miles) Award tickets the last 2 times I flew on DL metal*. Since this started some time ago, I didn't think that much about it. But as a known participant in SaveSkyMiles, (I designed "Parachute Guy" which was on all the buttons we gave out, and on the mobile billboard that circled the Annual Meeting in New York that year) I didn't put it past them to have flagged me anyway.

In some ways that would have been preferrable, to the current pattern.

*Because I've yet to fly DL on a paid flight since 2002.

Last edited by GG; Feb 11, 2009 at 1:15 am Reason: *
Old Feb 11, 2009, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List
Originally Posted by mot29
I have had almost this exact conversation, except that the agent was not at FLL.

LGA-ATL: my flight cancelled, and I was automatically re-booked on the next one ^ . No OLCI, of course, and SSSS appeared when checking in at the kiosk (though I was pleasantly surprised to be able to USE the kiosk!).

LIT-ATL: the beginning of the DL portion of a trip booked 5 days out. SSSS popped up, and I was told that it was due to the "short-notice" purchase (!).

There's a problem here when we have to hope that TSA taking over anything will make it better.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Anyone ever been SSSS'd after clearing security? I was flying SEA>CVG>DCA on DL metal. DL delay of >2 hrs on first leg made connecting in CVG impossible. Called elite line and managed to snag a seat on AS nonstop SEA>DCA. When the AS agent in the AS lounge in SEA printed my new BP, the SSSS appeared. I was told I had to exit security and re-clear and have my SSSS BP stamped by TSA. Fun. And rediculous. (I know the routing is on DL metal but I'm a NW plat and the topic is relavant here and not worth a new thread)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.