Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

CONSOLIDATED "Linking WorldPerks With Skymiles?" Thread [500 Mile Bonus after Link]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CONSOLIDATED "Linking WorldPerks With Skymiles?" Thread [500 Mile Bonus after Link]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2009, 9:52 am

As someone who only has a Worldperks account (No Delta Sky Miles) - is there any value to creating a Sky Miles account and transferring over? (besides the 500 mile bonus) I am assuming there will be some date in the future where NW accounts will become Sky Miles accounts - hopefully with the same account number.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by milehighclubnz
Has anyone tried to link his DL account to a NW account with DIFFERENT NAME? I am looking at hooking up my orphan NW account with my mate's orphan DL account, so there're enough NW miles to get out of the orphanage

I don't see T&C prohibiting linking DL and NW accounts under different names, so theoretically and technically it's doable, at least before DL and NW formally merge? Any comments appreciated.

Cheers

milehighclubnz
The T&C quoted in my earlier post says you can link YOUR NWA account and YOUR Delta account. I believe that was intended to refer to "you" in the singular sense.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by skaterm
As someone who only has a Worldperks account (No Delta Sky Miles) - is there any value to creating a Sky Miles account and transferring over? (besides the 500 mile bonus) I am assuming there will be some date in the future where NW accounts will become Sky Miles accounts - hopefully with the same account number.
In addition to 500 mi., you could transfer and use the miles on Delta if you can use them better there. If you can use them on NWA, no reason to move them, or you can move what is left over in change.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by milehighclubnz
Has anyone tried to link his DL account to a NW account with DIFFERENT NAME? I am looking at hooking up my orphan NW account with my mate's orphan DL account, so there're enough NW miles to get out of the orphanage

I don't see T&C prohibiting linking DL and NW accounts under different names, so theoretically and technically it's doable, at least before DL and NW formally merge? Any comments appreciated.
despite milemaster's (likely correct) answer to your question, i'll be the test case for this. i've linked mr kk's account with mine, one delta and one nw. will let you guys know how it turns out. we don't have many miles in either, and i'm curious.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by skaterm
I created an account for my wife who only had an NW account. Primarily for the 500 miles but then also to ensure there was no losing or mangling of her points at worldperks. 500 miles is 500 miles in the banana republic of Delta Skymiles.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by karenkay
despite milemaster's (likely correct) answer to your question, i'll be the test case for this. i've linked mr kk's account with mine, one delta and one nw. will let you guys know how it turns out. we don't have many miles in either, and i'm curious.
Actually ExitRowAisle had it more correct - the T&C state:

The linking of a Northwest WorldPerks account and a Delta SkyMiles account is a non-reversible transaction once confirmed by the user and can only be done between accounts that are owned by the same person. First and last names must match on the accounts and the user must submit WorldPerks and SkyMiles account numbers and PINs

If you were able to link those two accounts, then they didn't set up their computer algorithm correctly. A simple name match is easy for a computer to do. It would seem more likely that a computer would have more false negatives, i.e. it would kick out JimBob vs. Jim-Bob, than to let Mary vs. John go through.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:40 am

Programs: DL-DM, Hilton-Dia
Keeping WP # or not?

Originally Posted by DanTravels
Ohhhh... yeah. 10 is not 12. I will work on this "counting" thing.

Question remains - will my WP number 100201xxxxxx become SM number 100201xxxxxx, or will it be mangled in some other way?
Saw a couple of questions/comments concerning our WP account number, but no answers. Will our WP # be gone after the merger? Will linking the SM account & WP account have any effect on keeping our old WP #? It is not the biggest deal in the total scope of things, but does anyone know the answer?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by 1Banker
Saw a couple of questions/comments concerning our WP account number, but no answers. Will our WP # be gone after the merger? Will linking the SM account & WP account have any effect on keeping our old WP #? It is not the biggest deal in the total scope of things, but does anyone know the answer?
Consistent with the, "Let's get rid of everything that ever was or is Northwest" mentality that DL has, I'd assume that you'll be keeping you SM # and your WPs number is good as history.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
despite this, i was able to link both accounts--got a confirmation email that they're linked. am interested to see what, if anything, will happen next.

Originally Posted by milemaster
Actually ExitRowAisle had it more correct - the T&C state:

The linking of a Northwest WorldPerks account and a Delta SkyMiles account is a non-reversible transaction once confirmed by the user and can only be done between accounts that are owned by the same person. First and last names must match on the accounts and the user must submit WorldPerks and SkyMiles account numbers and PINs

If you were able to link those two accounts, then they didn't set up their computer algorithm correctly. A simple name match is easy for a computer to do. It would seem more likely that a computer would have more false negatives, i.e. it would kick out JimBob vs. Jim-Bob, than to let Mary vs. John go through.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 12:02 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by slippahs
It doesn't really matter. If you move the 11k DL miles to NW, you can always reverse it in the end. And in the end, end, your miles will all be consolidated into a DL account any way, so again, doesn't matter.

If you want to redeem on partner airlines, though, moving to NW might be the best bet since NW doesn't charge a partner airlines redemption fee.
couple of questions:

Mrs. Psychtobe wants to link her accounts and transfer DL to NW to preserve the life of some orphaned DL miles. No downside to this, right?

Baby Psychtobe has 12k DL miles and a new NW account (which should earn 2k bonus miles on completion of her first NW flight) and is doing about 24k EQMs of flying on CO and NW metal in the next two months. We plan to match to CO this summer (once she makes at least silver). Is there any advantage to accruing her EQMs in her nascent NW account or in her DL account? If we accrue to NW we can transfer her DL miles over, right? And if she accrues to DL she can still move all the miles to NW later if she wants? In other words, it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference?
Old Mar 20, 2009, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Indeed, I linked the accounts, moved all DL miles to NW, and the 500-mile bonus recently posted - in the DL account. I guess it's all going to land there anyway.

Still haven't seen anything about MillionMiler post-integration. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I didn't see anything on the timeline referencing it. I did notice that they said your "lifetime flight miles" would be safe, but there may be different ways to interpret that. I have almost 600K "million Miler Qualifying Miles" on DL (mostly from days before they counted only MQMs) and around 550K "Lifetime flight miles" on NW. If they count both of those as is then I'm in, but I can think of ways to be "enhanced" with this one.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 2:33 am

Programs: Too many to name
RE: Miliage Transfer

I just transferred 12k from my Skymiles to my WP, but there was no additional 500 miles added to my account. Is that promo just for WP to DL?

Additionally, I booked a Business Class tkt from KOA to LEX via LAX and CVG on DL. DL is using NWA planes, with both airlines' Record Locators.

Ironically, it is about 25% cheaper to fly on NWA than DL, even though the original reservation was made on DL!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: DL Plat, DL SkyClub, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by 1Banker
From the letter I just received in the mail:

“If you haven’t linked your accounts by the program integration date-—or you do not have an existing SkyMiles account-—your WorldPerks account will be assigned a new SKyMiles number, and you will receive a SkyMiles credential package for the newly created account in early 2010.”

There’s no firm “integration date” in the letter, beyond “when the programs fully merge later this year.”

The bonus to link accounts is now up to 1,000 miles, good through July 31st. The miles will post to the SkyMiles account, not the WorldPerks account.

Still haven’t done anything with mine, and keep waffling, wondering what it is I’ll regret after doing so. To date, my upgrades into F are running at about 90% on NW tails, but zero on Delta tails. That little voice in the back of my head is concerned my NW upgrades will plummet if I link accounts at this point...especially since all my miles are in the NW account and there are none in the new Delta account I set up recently.

Last edited by PaperQueen; Jun 11, 2009 at 10:24 am
Old Jul 25, 2010, 5:43 pm

WorldPerks & Skymiles Frequent flyer merger

Is there anyone out there that was a WorldPerks member, wanted to go with KLM FlyingBlue and but got transferred to Skymiles without his consent just before the merger?

I had put in a request in mid August 2009 to have my miles transferred to KLM FlyingBlue. The Northwest agent said that for French residents this was possible and that she would proceed with my request. The Frequent flyer accounts were only merged on October 1, 2009. To my dismay, the WorldPerks miles were transferred to a new Skymiles card which was delivered to my address later in the year.

Delta now refuses to correct this error claiming that the Frequent flyer accounts were processed as of August 1, 2009.

What recourse do I have?
Old Jul 25, 2010, 5:49 pm

WorldPerks & Skymiles Frequent flyer merger

Is there anyone out there that was a WorldPerks member, wanted to go with KLM FlyingBlue and but got transferred to Skymiles without his consent just before the merger?

I had put in a request in mid August 2009 to have my miles transferred to KLM FlyingBlue. The Northwest agent said that for French residents this was possible and that she would proceed with my request. The Frequent flyer accounts were only merged on October 1, 2009. To my dismay, the WorldPerks miles were transferred to a new Skymiles card which was delivered to my address later in the year.

Delta now refuses to correct this error claiming that the Frequent flyer accounts were processed as of August 1, 2009.

What recourse do I have?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.