Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

CONSOLIDATED "Linking WorldPerks With Skymiles?" Thread [500 Mile Bonus after Link]

CONSOLIDATED "Linking WorldPerks With Skymiles?" Thread [500 Mile Bonus after Link]

Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I linked my accounts after this offer first came out and I still haven't received the 500 bonus miles in my SkyMiles account.

-RM
Old Feb 22, 2009, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by indufan
I thought all SkyMiles numbers are 10 digits but I don't have any sample size.
Ohhhh... yeah. 10 is not 12. I will work on this "counting" thing.

Question remains - will my WP number 100201xxxxxx become SM number 100201xxxxxx, or will it be mangled in some other way?
Old Feb 22, 2009, 3:32 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I linked my accounts after this offer first came out and I still haven't received the 500 bonus miles in my SkyMiles account.

-RM
I linked an account too, and haven't gotten the bonus either. It does say 4-6 weeks after the promotion though, so I'm not too worried.

Last edited by alphaeagle; Mar 2, 2009 at 1:22 pm Reason: Typo
Old Mar 1, 2009, 3:58 pm

Consolidate NWA/Delta Accounts? 500 mi bonus by March 15

Anyone know if it's wise to take advantage of the 500 mile offer to combine accounts?

e-mail:

Our records indicate that you may have both a Delta Air Lines SkyMiles account and a WorldPerks account. Link your accounts before March 15, 2009, and earn 500 Bonus Miles!

You'll be able to combine miles immediately to redeem for mileage upgrades, award travel, and even shopping. Enjoy the benefits of both programs, even before they're fully integrated!
web site:
Link Accounts, Combine Miles, Get Awards

When you link your Northwest WorldPerks account with your Delta SkyMiles account you can combine your transferable miles immediately to redeem for mileage upgrades, award travel, and even shopping. Enjoy the benefits of both programs, even before theyre fully integrated.

* Combine miles for upgrades
* Earn award travel faster
* Unlimited mileage transfer between both accounts
* Link your accounts by March 15, 2009 and earn 500 Bonus Miles

Linking your WorldPerks and SkyMiles accounts now will enable automatic consolidation of your account history, including elite qualification balances, when the programs merge.

Two simple steps to faster rewards:

1. Validate account numbers and PINs. Youll enter both your WorldPerks and your SkyMiles login for authentication.
2. Link accounts, transfer miles. After linking your accounts, you can begin to transfer miles from one account to the other. You may transfer as many miles as you want in either direction--as many times as you want--as long as the miles are there to transfer.

Or you may choose to only link your accounts and not transfer your miles at this time. You can return as often as you want to transfer miles between accounts.

You can link your accounts and transfer miles now. Refer to the terms and conditions for complete details.

Account Linking Bonus Miles Terms and Conditions

1. A member with both a WorldPerks and a SkyMiles account can earn 500 Bonus Miles by linking their WorldPerks and SkyMiles accounts.
2. 500 Bonus Miles will be deposited into the SkyMiles account you provided during your linking session.
3. Maximum Bonus Miles any one member can earn with this promotion is 500 Bonus Miles.
4. Promotion Period January 29, 2009 March 15, 2009
5. Bonus Miles will be credited to SkyMiles member's account 2-4 weeks after the end of the promotion.
http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/acctli...tro2.LinkAccts

What is confusing is that the merger FAQs say that the two programs will be kept separate and mileage from one cannot be use in another:

51. Can I use my SkyMiles to book Award Travel on nwa.com and my WorldPerks miles to book Award Travel on delta.com?

Not at this time. During the transition period, SkyMiles and WorldPerks will remain separate and active programs. SkyMiles can continue to be redeemed for travel on delta.com and WorldPerks miles can continue to be redeemed for travel on nwa.com.
http://www.nwa.com/merger/faq/?omni=...#frequentflyer

Is that outdated information?

Does anyone know what happens when you "combine" (or "link") accounts? When you go through the process, it suggests the accounts may be merged later in the time table, but it does ask you to confirm, "yes, I want to transfer miles now." I don't want to lose the ability to use my NWA miles on NWA.

Thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 4:46 pm

When you combine or link accounts, you will be able to freely transfer your miles between the programs until NW WorldPerks dissolves completely at which time all of your miles will transfer to your DL skymiles account.

There is no charge to transfer miles between your DL SM and NWA WP accounts.

You will be able to make award bookings therefore on both nwa.com and dl.com

If you link the accounts yourself, you save DL some work...and so they reward you with 500 bonus miles.

The other information (you had asked if it was outdated): The answer is, yes and no. You cant use your SkyMiles to make a reservation on NWA.com. BUT you can transfer your SkyMiles to your NWA account and THEN make a reservation on nwa.com (and vice-versa).

The bottom line is: If you have the time (it only takes a minute), link the accounts. At the least it is 500 free miles.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by milemaster
What is confusing is that the merger FAQs say that the two programs will be kept separate and mileage from one cannot be use in another:

http://www.nwa.com/merger/faq/?omni=...#frequentflyer

Is that outdated information?
This is, in fact, correct.

Miles in NW WorldPerks can not be used directly to book awards on delta.com, and vice versa. One can, however, transfer NW miles to DL and then book on delta.com or via phone (and vice versa).

This ability to link accounts has been up for weeks.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 6:42 am

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
I know this may sound ridiculous, but I really love my NW WP #. I know it will go away but I have been apprehensive linking the accounts because I thought there might be an off chance that we will be able to keep some semblance of our account number (such as with added 0's) if the account is not linked.

Should I just captitulate, link the accounts and assume my DL number, whatever it is, will become my new FF number?

(Forgive me, I haven't felt this nostalgic since PanAm went under. I really did like their Clipper Clubs and would never have completed a 20 year odyssey on NW flights were it not for PanAm's demise. At least I'm glad that a gigantic DL/NW now offers me a pallette of non-stop international routes harkening back PanAm days.)
Old Mar 2, 2009, 6:47 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Possible to gain status level with this promotion?

When merging accounts, is status by segments taken into account? I have an associate who missed gold by two segments and would like to be able to merge accounts to achieve status by merging. Possible to gain a level with this promotion?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 11:19 pm

Thanks to the responders. My later post was consolidated into this thread, so that's the reason for the late question popping in. ^
Old Mar 3, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Plat
WP Million Milers

I heard Delta gives gold status to its million milers, and WP doesn't. I have 1.2 million miles in WP. Will I get gold status on Delta?
Old Mar 3, 2009, 11:00 am

Programs: NW/DL Plat->Gold->Silver, AA EXP 1MM
Is there an outside chance that the merger will be undone?

In these days of trillion dollar bailouts, who can say with certainty that this is impossible? It might be better to wait to the bitter end before combining, on the off chance...
Old Mar 4, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG DA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Deadline extended to April 15

The stated deadline for linking WP to SkM has been extended one month, to April 15.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 11:19 am

I can't remember which blog was saying this about linking accounts. You could (in theory) be blocked from maximizing some bonus mile promotions this year. For example if they have the same shopping portal promotion for both skymiles members and worldperks members, you could normally earn 1 bonus in each account. With the accounts linked, DL/NW could block this and limit you to 1 bonus or the other. <tin hat off>
Old Mar 8, 2009, 6:29 am

Programs: A3, AA, AF, AS, BA, SQ, UA, US, IHG, SPG
Linking DIFFERENT DL and NW accounts?

Has anyone tried to link his DL account to a NW account with DIFFERENT NAME? I am looking at hooking up my orphan NW account with my mate's orphan DL account, so there're enough NW miles to get out of the orphanage

I don't see T&C prohibiting linking DL and NW accounts under different names, so theoretically and technically it's doable, at least before DL and NW formally merge? Any comments appreciated.

Cheers

milehighclubnz

Last edited by milehighclubnz; Mar 8, 2009 at 6:31 am Reason: typos
Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by milehighclubnz
Has anyone tried to link his DL account to a NW account with DIFFERENT NAME? I am looking at hooking up my orphan NW account with my mate's orphan DL account, so there're enough NW miles to get out of the orphanage

I don't see T&C prohibiting linking DL and NW accounts under different names, so theoretically and technically it's doable, at least before DL and NW formally merge? Any comments appreciated.

Cheers

milehighclubnz
You might want to read the T&C's. The first bullet states:

The linking of a Northwest WorldPerks account and a Delta SkyMiles account is a non-reversible transaction once confirmed by the user and can only be done between accounts that are owned by the same person. First and last names must match on the accounts and the user must submit WorldPerks and SkyMiles account numbers and PINs

The fourth bullet reads:

Any attempt to fraudulently link accounts or transfer miles between fraudulently linked accounts is prohibited and any such transaction will be reversed and may result in account termination.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.