Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage credit for reroute on UA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Mileage credit for reroute on UA

Complicated reroute question that probably has an easy answer...

Purchased a MKE-ATL-LAS ticket on NWA.com. DL canceled the MKE-ATL leg, and rerouted me MKE-ORD-DEN-LAS.

Do I submit a request for credit to the WP service center?

If so, what do I submit (reroute confirmation/UA boarding passes/purchase confirmation/all of the above)?

Finally, what do I get credit for -- MKE-ATL-LAS, or the reroute?

Appreciate any response...
Old Jan 27, 2009, 8:24 pm
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
you should get credit for the original iterinary, at least that was my experience. AFAIK you can also get credit for the reroute through the other airline's FFP
Old Jan 27, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I'd call Chisholm and ask for original routing credit and then turn around and put in a claim with UA MP or whatever other *A program you want.

Last edited by uavking; Jan 28, 2009 at 10:24 am Reason: Apparently I can't spell
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:44 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
It still amazes me that a Gold Elite would not already have pre-built FFP accounts on every other interline carrier, and have that FFP number ready to put into the re-route PNR, on the carrier of their choice in that alliance, before boarding.

I can absolutely confirm that a re-route standby with FFP number will trump all re-route standbys without an FFP number. So if you don't put one in, and you're on standby, you could (or could not) make that flight, based on a FFP number in the PNR.

And why an interline re-route on another carrier led to a standby on that same re-route carrier for another flight, is another story (and an ugly one, involving weather fronts in two parts of the country)!

Go build those accounts! Have them ready for re-routes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.