Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NGO-DTW flight reductions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2009, 6:10 am
Original Poster

NGO-DTW flight reductions?

My Japanese mother-in-law informed me this morning that NWA will reduce its NGO-DTW flights from one flight per day Sunday through Saturday to Monday through Friday. Apparently, there was an article in one of today's Japanese newspapers. Can anybody confirm this? If true, I have a bad feeling this might mean a cease altogether in the NGO-DTW flights. I hope I'm wrong! The NGO-DTW flight is perfect when heading home to BOS. I hope I won't have to someday fly NGO-NRT-DTW-BOS. It's a long enough flight just from NGO-DTW!!
Old Jan 15, 2009, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
At least for the 2nd week of Dec, it still appears daily on nwa.com. I'm on NW71 in Dec, DTW-NGO, and am booking train tickets around this flight being non-stop, so I have interest in this flight continuing.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Since this is one of the two daily flights from Manila it will be interesting to see what they do with it... I've never used the NGO option because it leaves MNL absurdly early in the morning going back to the US but the Manila flights to NRT are packed to the gills.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 6:05 pm

Programs: OnePass, Royal Orchid Plus, Mabuhay Miles
It been my experience that there are usually a lot of Toyota engineers & employees on DTW-NGO, most in C. If it is cut back, I'd be surprised. But,as DL seems bound to destroy everything NW built in Asia, it could be!

FWIW, leaving MNL early in the morning does put one in DTW before the immigration crush!
Old Jan 16, 2009, 2:17 am

Programs: AA-2MM Lifetime Platinum
A flight attendant on my DTW-NRT flight on 12/22 told me that the DTW-NGO flight will be going to five times per week. I forget which two days are being eliminated and when this will take effect.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 5:12 am

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Platinum
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ----
NW 71 DTW 15:30 NGO 19:00 +1 744 0 1--4567 13:30 - - 11 Jan 07 Mar

NW 71 DTW 15:30 NGO 18:00 +1 744 0 1--4567 13:30 - - 08 Mar 27 Mar

NW 71 DTW 15:55 NGO 18:00 +1 744 0 1--4567 13:05 - - 01 Jun 30 Aug
Old Jan 16, 2009, 8:21 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Since this is one of the two daily flights from Manila it will be interesting to see what they do with it... I've never used the NGO option because it leaves MNL absurdly early in the morning going back to the US but the Manila flights to NRT are packed to the gills.
But they're packed to the gills with tons of Y pax on consolidator tickets! My mother is Filipino; and my parents are former travel agents. Filipinos love visiting their relatives. And Filipinos NEVER buy airline tickets to the Philippines directly from the airlines. Looking at the consolidator price list, they're MUCH cheaper than "retail" price on NW.

B744s are being pulled out to service ATL-NRT, so a frequency reduction is necessary elsewhere. Given all choices, DTW-NGO-MNL is most appropriate, given the existing NGO-NRT feeder service, the ailing auto industry, and the existing NRT-MNL service. Plus, NH and JL don't have any US-NGO service.

Now, I want IAD-NRT service! (Look at my profile. )

Originally Posted by TokyoKid
It's a long enough flight just from NGO-DTW!!
It isn't that bad. Try having relatives in Bangkok and flying out of NYC. 14 hours between NYC and NRT and another 7 hours between NRT and BKK. Or flying NYC-HKG (16 hours) or NYC-SIN (18 hours).

But, I do feel your pain with the double connection. Try to look at things on the bright side: You'll earn more mileage and EQS.

Last edited by Wiirachay; Jan 16, 2009 at 8:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.